[NL2-NL10] NL2: KK bet sizing on flop

• HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Hi,
      i am not sure about my bet sizing on the flop. After the hand was over it thought 2/3 pot would have been enough with the additional draw to the 2nd nuts. How much would you bet in this situation depending on whether you have the FD or you don't have it?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2) 58/23/2.0/23 (20h)
      UTG+2 ($1.76) 23/9/2.0/17 (20h)
      Hero ($2.50)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: K:heart:

UTG calls $0.02, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.02, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, SB calls $0.11, fold, fold, UTG+2 calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.40) 6:diamond: T:diamond: J:diamond:

SB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $0.38,...
  • 3 replies
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Generally on monotone boards players play very straight-forwardly. They also under-rep their top pairs so you have a bunch of FE when showing strength. On this board particularly there's high-end straight draws, flush draws, possible sets, etc. So you're going to get called a lot regardless of 3/4 or pot bets (when betting for value). At 2NL I wouldn't worry about bet sizing so much, just because no one really takes pot odds seriously.

If you didn't have the second nut flushdraw, I would advise betting less (3/4 or 1/2) so that the bet only has to work a lesser % of the time. It depends if your betting for value or betting as a semi-bluff.

Off topic; I'd be interested to know how you've been playing for 5 years and still are at 2NL. No disrespect, I just don't see that very often.
    • HughJazz82
      HughJazz82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen
      Off topic; I'd be interested to know how you've been playing for 5 years and still are at 2NL. No disrespect, I just don't see that very often.
      I was wondering when someone will bring that question up :P
      I was playing fixed limit till 2 weaks ago, was quite successful there but got into a big fat downswing. Now trying to get NL up and running.

PS: No, i did not go broke if ur thinking of that :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello HughJazz82,

I do bet pretty much the same, either I do have the FD or not. Not adjusting to my hand strength. ~$0,34+ should be fine here. :)

Best regards.