[NL2-NL10] Ak

• Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      villain is FISH 54/34 4.0 aggro 35WTSD

when I look back I think call turn and call small bet on river, else fold river, what do u think?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $10.06
      SB:
      $16.49
      BB:
      $14.63
      MP3:
      $10.54
      CO:
      $11.37

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, SB folds, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.65) 5, K, 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.20, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.45) 4 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $3.80, BB raises to $10.30, Hero calls $5.06(All-In).

River: ($21.61) 8 (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.61.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of kings(As Kh).
      BB shows three of a kind, fives(5c 5h).

BB wins with three of a kind, fives(5c 5h).
  • 3 replies
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      with your read that villain is a fish, I wouldn't re raise so big OTT and definitely fold to the 3b. Fish don't know how to value bet, it's that simple. One of my biggest leaks is that I misinterpret small bets for weakness, when infact its just the fish trying to value bet his hand.

As said by almost all the top players, microstakes is about betting until raised. then fold.

Given the strength of your line, when raised OTT you're going to have to learn to fold your TPTK. (Bulga therom)

Also, when making topic titles please read the stickies. It makes it easier for posters to graviate to the right threads if you state the action in the title. A title such as "[10NL] TPTK agasint fish raised OTT?" would be better than "Ak".
    • Mopenza
      Mopenza
      Silver
      Originally posted by Reaching4Zen
      with your read that villain is a fish, I wouldn't re raise so big OTT and definitely fold to the 3b. Fish don't know how to value bet, it's that simple. One of my biggest leaks is that I misinterpret small bets for weakness, when infact its just the fish trying to value bet his hand.

As said by almost all the top players, microstakes is about betting until raised. then fold.

Given the strength of your line, when raised OTT you're going to have to learn to fold your TPTK. (Bulga therom)

Also, when making topic titles please read the stickies. It makes it easier for posters to graviate to the right threads if you state the action in the title. A title such as "[10NL] TPTK agasint fish raised OTT?" would be better than "Ak".
      I think AK title is fine :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Mopenza,

Whatever he does but more often I do just prefer to Call it on turn and skip the thin value. He will anyways have hard time Calling with a lot worse. We can easily just isolate ourselves with the raise and he could easily trap as which is even the case when he bets this way and 3bets all-in.

Best regards.