Bankroll management..

• topcat251190
      topcat251190
      Bronze
      what would advice would you give to use as a guideline for a player that has been playing only sice last august say 9 months? I would like to start taking my poker more serious and would preferably play all 3 forms of poker cash mtt and sng i now know which site i will play as my main site and any or all advice would be much appreciated . thanks all topcat251190 ;-)
  • 3 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Really reccomend 25BI for NLHE cash games, and 50BI for SnG. Not really so sure about MTTs though.

That size of roll should allow you to cope with the variance involved in each format.
    • dochazard
      dochazard
      Bronze
      If you plan to play all 3 forms of the game, I think you should keep a separate bankroll for EACH type of game and follow the BRM principles for each type of game. This so that your variance in MTT won't kill your BR for SNG and CG.

100 BIs for MTTs, 50-60 BIs for STSNGs, 30-40 BIs for CG. Or something thereabouts. Search the forums for the relevant threads.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dochazard
      If you plan to play all 3 forms of the game, I think you should keep a separate bankroll for EACH type of game and follow the BRM principles for each type of game. This so that your variance in MTT won't kill your BR for SNG and CG.

100 BIs for MTTs, 50-60 BIs for STSNGs, 30-40 BIs for CG. Or something thereabouts. Search the forums for the relevant threads.
      I don't agree...so you suggest him to have $400 roll and play NL2 in cash games?

I would just have some sound BRM for each game and than play level(s) of all three variants you are rolled for. Maybe use a little more conservative bankroll as usuall, but still having seperate roll for each poker variant is just too nitty. ;)
      for example: you have $1000 bankroll. let say you use 30(35) BI rule for cashgames - you play NL25. you use 60 BI rule for SNGs - play $10s or $12s. You use 100+ BI rule for MTTs - play <$10 MTTs.

edit: but as a beginner, I'd suggest you start with one variant. You can still learn other poker variants later on...