maybe quit poker??need opinions.

• mariostoona
      mariostoona
      Bronze
      I am watching the posts in pokerstrategy lately but have never post my thread till now.
      I am playing for around 4 years but only last year i take it more seriously.For 2010 i had 3100 in prizes,-5% ROI and 13% ITM for mtt only.
      And this stats without having a schedule (except from playing) ,including reading articles,strategies,hand analysis or watching a lot of poker videos or series.
      From the early 2011 i have make such schedule and understand the Bankroll management,Tilt control,ICM and generally spent much time studying poker and less playing.
      The problem is that i cannot understand any difference and have no great prize for this year.I wont blame the luck adjustment as usual but before 1 hour i played a tour i was waiting for and although i knew that,to spent almost my whole bankroll in a 320$ tour was not right i wanted to take the chance of winning a 3600$ package for Manchester GSOP in a small field of 45 players.
      I do not mind about my bankroll but the way i lose.
      So, after tilting once again i am thinking enough!i do not understand what to do to improve my game then so maybe i MUST QUIT??
      ??
      I LOVE THIS GAME BUT DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO( half day working,half day reading/playing poker).
      For info only i post and the hand i lost(and my nerves together).

HERO LIMPS FOR SET MINING from cut off with 55.
      SMALL BLIND raises almost 3bb.
      BIG BLIND FOLDS(and all others had folded.)
      Hero calls and is a perfect flop 2/3/5!!!
      SMALL BLIND BETS half pot.
      HERO 3BETS(since its 1 to 99 chances in HU to make both set,and i have the bigger).
      SMALL BLIND ALL IN.
      HERO CALLS.
      SMALL BLIND opens KK.
      TURN IS K!!!!!!!!!!!(OMG ONLY 2 OUTS)
      RIVER some card no matter anymore.
      HERO GOES HOME WONDERING WTF???

Please tell your opinion about leaving my favourite game or whatelse??

sorry for the giant thread but i need to say my pain..:|
  • 13 replies
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Its poker, plain and simple. People will hit 2 outers, 1 outers, anything at all every now and then. As an example I lost AA against a maniac 27s all in preflop, and it made me tilt away a couple BI.

Its important to just keep your A game going throughout, then you will be profitable long term. Its important to take losses like that in your stride, as it can and does happen quite regularly. If possible, try to think on all the times youve been badly behind like that and sucked out to win, it helps.
    • mariostoona
      mariostoona
      Bronze
      Thankx man for answering my thread.
      My main problem is though i enjoy a lot reading strategies and spending time to improve my game but after a lot bad beats or tours without any great prize i think i am loosing my inspiration(and my nerves).
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Bad beats are the better players friend, because he knows he didn't have to be lucky to win. When the fish stop getting lucky I make my money.

You may have your own ways to deal with it, but my favourite - and one I have posted on my monitor is; 'Decision correct?...Result irrelevant!'
      GL.
    • mariostoona
      mariostoona
      Bronze
      'Decision correct?...Result irrelevant!'
      nice one..thanx
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      with that attitude...do yourself a favor and just quit. :coolface:
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      quitting seems pretty clever
    • sinsas
      sinsas
      Silver
      Quit!

i did the same when mother F*** co** su**ing as**ole sucked out on me with 1 fu**ing out on the fu**ing river. :coolface:
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      imo quit, or play, but dont learn :f_love:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by mariostoona
      So, after tilting once again i am thinking enough!i do not understand what to do to improve my game then so maybe i MUST QUIT??
      ??
      You cannot learn from reading strategy articles and watching videos.
      There is too much to take in all at once. You only learn by doing what they say.

Please note: I am a beginner (8 months "serious" poker playing)
      Some advice:
      --Play only cash games to start. The problem with tournaments is that as the blinds increase and your stack decreases you are put under pressure to make desperate plays that are just wrong according to the odds. Allow yourself one low-cost MTT a week, because they are a lot more fun than cash games. Consider freerolls for getting your MTT fix.
      --Learn the basics, and I don't just mean read the article. Print the charts, use the charts, when each hand is dealt say out loud your position, (UTG2 etc) and say out loud what the chart says to do (look at the chart if you have to), then do it. This way you soon won't have to look at the chart and you can move on to post flop. Do this even if you think you know it already. Because you don't. No really, you don't.
      --After you have got the basics, start opening up your pre-flop raise by using the Advance Open Raising chart, and learning it the same way.
      --Learn more advanced post flop concepts.

If you LIKE the game, (and you say you do) then it is worth the effort.
      If it is not worth the effort, then you don't like the game all that much.
      Like any sport or game, there is some talent involved, but the rest is effort.
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      keep fighting imho
    • mariostoona
      mariostoona
      Bronze
      I thinhk i will keep trying lil more.After a good sleep i realize that even 1 so ugly bad beat cannot stop me from playing.
      Although i have already print and try to use all the articles i found,i am gonna to start over with more caution.
      Thanx for the replies guyz. =)
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mariostoona
      I thinhk i will keep trying lil more.After a good sleep i realize that even 1 so ugly bad beat cannot stop me from playing.
      Although i have already print and try to use all the articles i found,i am gonna to start over with more caution.
      Thanx for the replies guyz. =)
      Yea it is a bad beat, but there is nothing ugly in it...pretty standard. If you decided to continue, get used to it, there will be worse. ;)
    • mariostoona
      mariostoona
      Bronze
      Guyz,i stopped the MTT tours and start grinding in micro/low limits SNG.
      It is going well so far.
      The variance is better i believe here and there are not non-stop downswings as in MTT. :f_biggrin: