+EV to push 100% from SB with less the 10 BB?

• CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I have been practicing a lot my ICM for SnGs with the ICM trainer and most of my mistakes are when I push hands like the following:

Blinds: 100/200, 8 players remaining (they all have 2500 chips)
      Hero is in SB with 1500 chips with 5:spade: 4 :club: .

Icm here says to push 81% (75o+).

ICM considers that players play optimally and call as much as they should, hence in lower stack SnGs (I play 3-6$) I find that players do not call as much as they should. I strongly believe that pushing 100% in this position would be +EV in the long run, considering that villain is almost always going to call less then 31%, as ICM trainer says he should.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!
  • 6 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CHARMANDER06

Hero is UTG in SB with 1500 chips with 5:spade: 4 :club: .

Thanks!!
      whaat? first in from sb against unknowns with effective stack size <10bb any 2
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      haha Edited that typo lol thanks!
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      dunno they would call with A2, A3, A4, A5, A6+ so higher connectors are beter as you can get allmost cointflip, or they would call with 22 33 44 55 and you would be totaly dominated. But dunno. While with 86o you would be cointfliping. But dunno. or they can call even with high, medium high with low kicker and you would be allways dominated against like 93o or so. While with 86o you are more or less cointfliping.

The point is not to get dominated I gues. But dunno, I don't play those. Against regs you should tighten up I gues, on everyone else I gues 100% push is ok.
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      Actually in lower stakes players tend to call more from my experience...then some $6 and $11 call less enough to make your shove +EV. then higher they will adjust from what i've read so that your shove is -EV..

In fact unless you know the player is a nit, or multi tabling like 8 or more then you should never shove into them with your hand. As with blinds at that size with regards to effective stacks, you don't gain as much as you think you do.
    • Y0d4
      Y0d4
      Bronze
      From my experience, players on low stakes generally call a much more "stable" range, not so much dependant on positions and stacksizes as it should be.
      Like they can't really fold 77 to any push in any situation, but although can't call K2s against an any two shove, but rather flame you and wait for a better hand.
      This should lead to us pushing tighter from earlier positions and putting more pressure on them in blindbattles etc.
      In the spot you mentioned, I'd shove ATC in a vacuum on low stakes.
    • CHARMANDER06
      CHARMANDER06
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Y0d4
      From my experience, players on low stakes generally call a much more "stable" range, not so much dependant on positions and stacksizes as it should be.
      Like they can't really fold 77 to any push in any situation, but although can't call K2s against an any two shove, but rather flame you and wait for a better hand.
      This should lead to us pushing tighter from earlier positions and putting more pressure on them in blindbattles etc.
      In the spot you mentioned, I'd shove ATC in a vacuum on low stakes.
      This is so true! Thanks for great advice