$50 to $2500 SHNL in 9 months

• ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Just thought I'd post it. I would like to thank my friend for recommending me playing poker (wish I was playing poker much earlier) and PokerStrategy for the capital and the poker basics. Really happy I've stopped playing online games and moved to poker instead for the past 9 months. Its been a long and difficult journey of high variance, moving down limits and poker mindset. But in the end, I think I've overcome a reasonable amount of those obstacles. Thank you poker for providing me a game where it generates money instead of wasting time (MMORPG).

The PIC/NUTZ. (Cashed out $400 before)

Edit: I think 9 months spending about average 2-3 hours a day to turn $50 to $2500 might be rather slow if I read some of those insane pokerblogs out there :) But I'm still happy and proud. :f_biggrin:
  • 12 replies
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      thats awesome! well done!

youre an inspiration us micro stakes players.
      i hope to be at a similar place after 9months of playing.

any pro tips :f_biggrin: ?
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dw00d
      thats awesome! well done!

youre an inspiration us micro stakes players.
      i hope to be at a similar place after 9months of playing.

any pro tips :f_biggrin: ?
      Thank you and I hope the other micro players also get inspiration from this. Its not an easy journey at all.

Well everyone has their leaks or things that they are better/worse than others. In general, pokermoney is made postflop and not preflop all ins or whatever. Just don't cry about preflop allins (win or lose) and focus more on postflop. The number of times where your AA wins vs KK and KK lose vs AA should even out in the very long term -- so this mean you didn't win any money at all, in fact you're losing money because of the rake, so don't bother preflop all ins but focus postflop. I regret (and still am!) not reading enough hand evaluations or (re-watching/re-reading) poker theory videos.

Oh and tilting was my worse enemy (and still is... but just much much less than before). To overcome big part of tilting you really need a good pokermindset. I can't really say how to overcome this, it just depends on the person and his mindset. It took me also quite awhile.
    • dw00d
      dw00d
      Bronze
      thank you for your advice. i really do need to put some work into my postflop game and work on my poker mindset

all the best from where the journey takes you from here, i look forward to your next big update :f_grin:
    • SickAtHome
      SickAtHome
      Bronze
      just inspiring...
      my balance looks just like yours, just two digits missing xD
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      nic one =) keep it up
    • Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      congrats on the 2.5k keep it up
    • Mandator
      Mandator
      Silver
      How many hands you played in this 9 months before get the 2.5k ??

Congratz!!
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mandator
      How many hands you played in this 9 months before get the 2.5k ??

Congratz!!
      Quite alot. I think about average 40k hands per month? So about 360k hands?
    • fuzzyfish
      fuzzyfish
      Bronze
      Congrats, tho I still suggest you take up BSS at some point of time.
    • chipcracky
      chipcracky
      Bronze
      awesome, plz keep posting your success stories :) ..

Bronze
      congrats, and there is definitely $ to be made preflop
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      ye u only lose to rake if u assume your ranges & frequencies for stacking off/3b'ing & opening are the same