Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.05) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, BB calls $0.70

TURN ($3.15) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

RIVER ($8.55) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 4:club:

Hero bets $3.50, BB folds, UTG calls $3.50

I played only few hands with UTG and he seemed to be a regular . BB was unknown .

So preflop I didn't wan't to stack off with my hand against him , cause the regs on these limits seem to be tighter . I don't want to 3b/fold either .

So on flop I checked to get a bet from him with the whole of his range , but hmm would he bet the whole of his range against 2 opponents ? I fairly said dont know why I dont raise , maybe not to scare his 99-JJ overpairs .

On the turn I seek value from them with this stab . I am bet/fold here cause I thought that better hands would push .

So on river I did one more valuebet / fold

Do I have to donk flop ?
      Do I have to x/raise flop ?
      Do I have to donk turn ?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

The thing is, you don't 3bet preflop but you still go for such a value postflop. Then you could easily just 3bet preflop and go for maximum value than pick such a line.

Overall I don't like either donk the flop or either donk the turn. And of course Check/Raise is way overplayed as well, just isolating against better hands and he might even fold those few hands what we beat like TT/JJ.

Rather Call down reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Rather Call down reevaluate further streets.

Ok I would have troubles with the reevaluation .

If the turn is blank and he bets again - I call . Then river is blank he bets again - I call . Is that ok ?

If he checkbacks turn I bet any river for value from small overpairs ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If the turn is blank and he bets again - I call . Then river is blank he bets again - I call . Is that ok ?

Yeah, you can still Call it.

If he checkbacks turn I bet any river for value from small overpairs ?

Yep. :) But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Yep. But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.

Which spot - K on turn ? Is that because he won't bet with his 99-JJ and I want value ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hohoho321
      Yep. But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.

Which spot - K on turn ? Is that because he won't bet with his 99-JJ and I want value ?
      He can easily just Check behind his overcard type of hands from which we likely rather try to get value or maybe even some draws.