This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl 10 QQ

• hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($9.90)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($10.39)
      CO ($4)
      BTN ($12.47)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, BB calls $0.25

FLOP ($1.05) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond:

Hero checks, BB checks, UTG bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70, BB calls $0.70

TURN ($3.15) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond:

Hero bets $1.80, BB calls $1.80, UTG calls $1.80

RIVER ($8.55) 8:heart: 3:spade: 7:diamond: 4:diamond: 4:club:

Hero bets $3.50, BB folds, UTG calls $3.50

I played only few hands with UTG and he seemed to be a regular . BB was unknown .

So preflop I didn't wan't to stack off with my hand against him , cause the regs on these limits seem to be tighter . I don't want to 3b/fold either .

So on flop I checked to get a bet from him with the whole of his range , but hmm would he bet the whole of his range against 2 opponents ? I fairly said dont know why I dont raise , maybe not to scare his 99-JJ overpairs .

On the turn I seek value from them with this stab . I am bet/fold here cause I thought that better hands would push .

So on river I did one more valuebet / fold

Do I have to donk flop ?
      Do I have to x/raise flop ?
      Do I have to donk turn ?
  • 5 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello hohoho321,

The thing is, you don't 3bet preflop but you still go for such a value postflop. Then you could easily just 3bet preflop and go for maximum value than pick such a line.

Overall I don't like either donk the flop or either donk the turn. And of course Check/Raise is way overplayed as well, just isolating against better hands and he might even fold those few hands what we beat like TT/JJ.

Rather Call down reevaluate further streets.

Best regards.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Rather Call down reevaluate further streets.

Ok I would have troubles with the reevaluation .

If the turn is blank and he bets again - I call . Then river is blank he bets again - I call . Is that ok ?

If he checkbacks turn I bet any river for value from small overpairs ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      If the turn is blank and he bets again - I call . Then river is blank he bets again - I call . Is that ok ?

Yeah, you can still Call it.

If he checkbacks turn I bet any river for value from small overpairs ?

Yep. :) But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.
    • hohoho321
      hohoho321
      Bronze
      Yep. But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.

Which spot - K on turn ? Is that because he won't bet with his 99-JJ and I want value ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by hohoho321
      Yep. But to avoid the Check-back that's usually the reason why I would consider donking at some spot.

Which spot - K on turn ? Is that because he won't bet with his 99-JJ and I want value ?
      He can easily just Check behind his overcard type of hands from which we likely rather try to get value or maybe even some draws.