This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Starting HU

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi all soul readers!

I am a NL100 SH player and I am starting playing HU.

I am a complete HU beginner. So far I have watched the first 5 episodes of doggyheadsup and TT video of his emirates series and done a sweat session.

I think I got the preflop play and basic adjustments but I really suck at post flop play. The dynamics is very different from what I am used to.

Unfortunately because of the rake playing lower than NL50 is not an option. I obviously have the roll for it but I don't want to be bleeding money away as I am getting experience.

Do you guys have any tips on how to quickly make the transition?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that what I do is I am usually playing weak regs ( I PTR a bunch of guys sited), not sure if it is the best to start but I dont want to be waiting for the big fish to play.
  • 7 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hi, you can start with HU SNG´s to get into it.
    • niveaformen
      niveaformen
      Gold
      Mostly same here, but I'm playing and was playing little higher, went to hu before 2 months.

I also watched Dogisheadsup and mostly Galfond and Fwf. The best way to improve is play a lot w/ thinking a lot (recommend playing max 2 tables) and marking all situations when u don't know what to do. Probable there will be lot of this hands at start, but later it will be easier. Also, would help if u have some mid/high stakes friends (hopefully winning ones) so u can ask them.

Also, looking hands at hu forums like 2p2 and here can help a lot coz situations that bother u are mostly similar w/ others.
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Can any1 tell me where i can find those dogisheadsup/Galfond vids? :)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cowboykoen
      Can any1 tell me where i can find those dogisheadsup/Galfond vids? :)
      Unfortunately they are not on Pokerstrategy.
      You can probably google them to know where to find them ;)
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      How is HU going Dublimax?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I like it but I am not playing that much anymore. I think I got fed up with the wait for the fish, so I was mostly playing bad regs but 90% they wouldn't play etc...
      I played back in June/July. Also at that time I took some shots on 6 max so I wanted to concentrate on that and left HU aside.

But from time to time its defo good fun!!

You playing HU too?
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I just started recently. I play like 4-7 FR tables while I wait for somebody (usually fish) to join one of my HU tables. This why I don't feel like I wait to play HU. I don't close the FR tables after somebody joined me HU, I keep playing them because they don't require as much attention as a SH table, so I can still have good focus on the HU tables while I take good decisions on the FR tables. =)