Starting HU

• Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi all soul readers!

I am a NL100 SH player and I am starting playing HU.

I am a complete HU beginner. So far I have watched the first 5 episodes of doggyheadsup and TT video of his emirates series and done a sweat session.

I think I got the preflop play and basic adjustments but I really suck at post flop play. The dynamics is very different from what I am used to.

Unfortunately because of the rake playing lower than NL50 is not an option. I obviously have the roll for it but I don't want to be bleeding money away as I am getting experience.

Do you guys have any tips on how to quickly make the transition?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that what I do is I am usually playing weak regs ( I PTR a bunch of guys sited), not sure if it is the best to start but I dont want to be waiting for the big fish to play.
  • 7 replies
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      Hi, you can start with HU SNG´s to get into it.
    • niveaformen
      niveaformen
      Diamond
      Mostly same here, but I'm playing and was playing little higher, went to hu before 2 months.

I also watched Dogisheadsup and mostly Galfond and Fwf. The best way to improve is play a lot w/ thinking a lot (recommend playing max 2 tables) and marking all situations when u don't know what to do. Probable there will be lot of this hands at start, but later it will be easier. Also, would help if u have some mid/high stakes friends (hopefully winning ones) so u can ask them.

Also, looking hands at hu forums like 2p2 and here can help a lot coz situations that bother u are mostly similar w/ others.
    • cowboykoen
      cowboykoen
      Bronze
      Can any1 tell me where i can find those dogisheadsup/Galfond vids? :)
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cowboykoen
      Can any1 tell me where i can find those dogisheadsup/Galfond vids? :)
      Unfortunately they are not on Pokerstrategy.
      You can probably google them to know where to find them ;)
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      How is HU going Dublimax?
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I like it but I am not playing that much anymore. I think I got fed up with the wait for the fish, so I was mostly playing bad regs but 90% they wouldn't play etc...
      I played back in June/July. Also at that time I took some shots on 6 max so I wanted to concentrate on that and left HU aside.

But from time to time its defo good fun!!

You playing HU too?
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I just started recently. I play like 4-7 FR tables while I wait for somebody (usually fish) to join one of my HU tables. This why I don't feel like I wait to play HU. I don't close the FR tables after somebody joined me HU, I keep playing them because they don't require as much attention as a SH table, so I can still have good focus on the HU tables while I take good decisions on the FR tables. =)