My "Collecting bottles" - blog needs you!

• TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I usually post in the German pokerstrategy forum, but the current circumstances required to ask for global help!

I am located in New York State and participate in a challenge to make 1000$ out of nothing. To keep it more interesting, I am trying to achieve this without counting adsense $ or similar income. PS: IF there is any legal issue with me using this forum please let me know and close this thread. I am a German student and not permanently living here and also not playing poker online when I am outside of Germany, so please do not close my account...

My ideas so far: Collecting bottles and Cans for refund (5$c per bottle/can)
      -> Getting really good at it and making deals with local stores.
      But what to do then? Relaxing? Noo..
      I have two German competitors who get twice or threetimes as much bottle refund per bottle as I do. Germany does also offer saving accounts, where they can deposit some Euros and get 30 or more € as a present. I can t do this in New York State X( and thus need other ways to get some pennys , or even a dollar!

And this is why I need your help:

Do you guys have any other legal ideas how to make money out of nothing? (i.e. things I can buy cheap, repair/work on, and then sell for more?)

My blog (in english) is : SaveA$EarnA$

I´d be happy about any comments, ideas and followers :s_love:
  • 18 replies
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      You could beg.

or rob a bank
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      begging is not my thing :(

BUT: I ll try it at the stores around me this morning :) , maybe they have some cans for me!

Robbing a bank: I live in a quite criminal area, I would probably already get shot when entering the bank and throwing with cans
    • Laggsy
      Laggsy
      Bronze
      Do u have any singing, dancing or musical talent? Cos you could busk for some cash.

Or u could charge ppl for a compliment. haha I've seen that before and it's pretty funny.
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      Charging for compliments!!!!! THANK YOU! You are a genious !!! Mh...what is the right amount? 5 cents? a Penny? or even a 10c ?

(have to go out now, see you later...what a great idea)
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      Here are some obscure things i can think of.

-Make a web page with a few affiliate links PS, Stars, FTP etc. you can get 10$ from PS for every passed test. If you can have some cool topics or floating hot topics, everything from XGames to playstation news, fashion etc. Just keep adding any new topics to search engines etc..

-You can do extreme couponing where the store will owe you money after and you get 800$ in groceries free. Then you can donate those item and maybe get tax receipts.

-You could make a few bucks in a pub via prop bets. Watch "The Real Hustle" you can see a tonne of cool prop bets there. :D

-Get a paper route or hand out flyers

-up trade like with "one red paper clip"

-follow twiter and hope to get that money shot when famous people travel to NY "Go Pro Paparazzi" :P

here are few idea that could get you started then once you have $ to invest anything is possible. :D
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      pm me and i will invite you to a private business site. there are some sickos on there making six figures a month from online marketing, etc :)
    • Amedeea
      Amedeea
      Bronze
      Say some nice words to a moneyed woman, make her to falling in love with you and then....take her money... ;) Easy job... :D
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Amedeea
      Say some nice words to a moneyed woman, make her to falling in love with you and then....take her money... ;) Easy job... :D

lol!!!!
      There will of course be duties expected of you !!! ;)
    • Amedeea
      Amedeea
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      Originally posted by Amedeea

lol!!!!
      There will of course be duties expected of you !!! ;)
      Dear, my duty in my free time is to take the minds, not money from a man... :D And...my duty is also to take care of the men who doesn't have money and like me so much... :D Although...I haven't met the last kind of man yet... :s_biggrin:
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      Sorry everybody, but I have a girlfriend and am quite honest... so I won´t hit on elderly wealthy women.. , ... although I like the idea.

Tomorrow I have some huge plans, check them out on my blog, I will quadruple (that is the biggest word for multiplications I know) my bankroll!
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      gives blood for monies
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      thank you, very good idea! Just don t know where I can do that here.... mh. Such a good idea! Let s see if I can google a place.

I head out now, update follows soon. I expect 15+ new cans!
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      Hey, I updated my blog, have a look if you like. I was quite efficient in collecting bottles today :) .
      Thanks for all the suggestions, I am looking for donating blood and also thinking about the "charging for compliments" action.
    • inlovewithamsterdam
      inlovewithamsterdam
      Gold
      Great idea mate! Best of luck, will follow your progress!

At what point do you plan to stop collecting money and start playing poker? Do you plan to do that at all? Or will you go all the way to 1k by other means?

So good to see people putting energy into cool and meaningful projects! You've got my utmost support!
      Regards!
    • Amedeea
      Amedeea
      Bronze
      I will give you another ideea...
      Yesterday, I was in a marketplace and I wanted to buy strawberries...A man around 50- 55 years old, wearing clean clothes, came close to me and and said to me: " Oh, you are so gorgeous...You are good looking with this clothes with white and yellow...(I had a brown jaket :D )...Give me 1 leu! (this is my country coin - Romania)". He was funny, but I didn't give him any money although...may be I should gave him...for originality...
      I think this is a new strategy for begging...I think is BSS not SSS, because SSS would be "give me some money" without nice words.... :D
      You can try this! :s_biggrin:
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Bronze
      I don't know how this works in New York,but in my country you can make lot of money by selling iron/copper/aluminium/steel/paper. Here there are companies collecting these and they pay a lot. Ask some locals about it.
      By the way, intresting challenge :D
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      I am too shy for this and as I live in a quite criminal neighborhood hitting on unknown women is risky :O ,.. but I am going to move a little bit more uptown on July 1st, which is a quite decent neighborhood...maybe I ll try it there ;) .

Thanks for the support, I am happy to have some followers.
      I am not sure what I am going to do to earn some more $. My competitors (not sure if all) are counting googleads income to their challenge income and will probably invest online. As the challenge is interesting for me, but not all, I am thinking about staying "real" and getting income with "realworld" trade (such as kidzoltan´s idea).
      I also enjoy bottlechasing quite a lot right now. I get up at 6am and walk through parks and streets which are still empty, it is silent and the sun is shining. It is a really good feeling + I make some cents and recycle :)
    • TobiasK1985
      TobiasK1985
      Bronze
      UPDATE!!!

I added a survey. I made only two choices for now as I do not know how many people will actually vote. It would look a little awkward (or depressing) if I would have picked all your suggestions, but just get 4 people to vote.. However, I did not forget your other great suggestions and will consider them a little later (such as gathering metal scrap, giving blood or helping elderly women).