free poker software recommendations??

• crockett365
      crockett365
      Bronze
      Hey be grateful if anyone has any opinions or recommendations for free tracking software (hand histories, BRM tracking) other than elephant ? Have had major problems with elephant and have gave up on it. I will pay for the better software later on but as im just starting and cant afford it Im looking for a free alternative

thanks for any replies.
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      The only other free tracker/hud that I know of is fpdb.
      You can find out more about it here http://sourceforge.net/projects/fpdb/

You will need some effort to install and configure.
      I use it for the HUD, but I use Elephant for analysis, since the elephant HUD doesn't work in tournaments, and since fpdb's analysis is elementary

fpdb does work, but since it is open source, and free, it does not get a lot of development.

Like yourself, I will purchase something when my bankroll hits $250. In another 3 years or so.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Try fpdb:
      http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/fpdb/index.php?title=Main_Page

I prefer elephant though. I don't know what's your problem with elephant.
      But if it's due to postgres un/installation etc. I think you're bound to find the same issue with any poker tracker. Why not ask for help in the elephant support?
    • crockett365
      crockett365
      Bronze
      yes my computer got a massive virus on it and a lot of things got deleted now trying to install again the postgre is just driving me insane trying to get rid of it and reinstall ?(

thanks for the posts anyways
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Well I'm not expert in postgres or something.
      But I think it's better if you delete the config and reinstall everything(elephant & postgres).

One more thing I also delete the postgres user account using computer management and reboot before reinstalling.