This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

callin OOP vs. 3 betting OOP

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      so i was wondering what the best route is when playing 6 max and 6 max turbos, with hands like middle pokctes pairs 7-10s and your AQ quite hands, does 3 betting give yu the intitive or does it just inflate the pot, what are your thoughts guys?
  • 3 replies
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I think many SNG players 3-bet far too tightly in early levels. Instead, they flat-call and play pots out of position, giving too much credit to players with wide stealing ranges. Then they don't steal enough themselves.

Whether to 3-bet or not with a hand like AQo from the blind depends on the positions and the tendencies of the raiser. Usually don't 3-bet against a raise from early position (9-handed). It can be right to 3-bet with AQo against some players UTG 6-handed, but not against some players with nitty opening ranges. If someone is stealing from the button with a wide range, it is hard to do better by flat-calling than by 3-betting.

Some players worry about getting blown off the hand by a 4-bet. This should not be a big concern when the vast majority of the time, your opponent will fold or will flat-call your 3-bet, and few players are 4-betting with weak hands anyway.
    • chrupens
      chrupens
      Bronze
      Yes.. I really dislike 3betting hands like AQo, 99 after MP raiser (even if I know he's not a nit) because I'm afraid that I will have to invest 1/4 - 1/3 of my stack and fold to 3bet and If I get called I will have to make a commiting cbet.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      ahh okay so yu would learn towards the 3 bet then with those type of hand if your playin in a heads up pot, obviously its completely different in a mutiway pot