This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 25 AA on the river

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($40.97)
      BB ($10)
      UTG ($19.50)
      UTG+1 ($50.58)
      Hero ($33.96)
      BTN ($31.01)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.25, BTN calls $1.25, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1

FLOP ($4.10) 6:club: 3:club: J:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3, BTN calls $3, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($10.10) 6:club: 3:club: J:heart: J:diamond:

Hero bets $5.50, BTN calls $5.50

RIVER ($21.10) 6:club: 3:club: J:heart: J:diamond: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $8.25, BTN raises to $21.26 (AI), Hero folds

BTN wins $35.72

I wanted to get max value from 88-TT, QQ-AA that are in his range and also I considered that this guy is never raising such hands AI for value here.
      Obviously I only see this guy raising AI here with a J and to assume that he is raise bluffing AI here with clubs is overthinking because he cannot expect a reg at these limits to bet fold a hand like mine here so when he shoves he is not expecting any fold equity like ever.

Btw I think that I'm going to miss tons of value if I am not betting to extract some value from his pair type hands. Check/calling to induce a bluff is not that great because I don't think we can expect him to have many clubs in his range because the board paired on the turn.

I bet so small on the turn because I wanted him to not fold any pairs in his range.
  • 4 replies
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Now I realised that it's a simple c/f in this spot because from a combinatorics point of view:
      QJ,KJ,AJ make up 3*8 = 24 combos + JTs = 26 combos
      77-TT = 18 combos and prolly because he never 3 betted in 150 hands we cant put QQ in there so ==> 24 combos.

so if I bet I am not getting called by a worse hand not even in this optimistic case >50% time.

Because guy looks more passivish + the board paired on the turn so I don't see many fd's in his range I think he is not betting enough worse hands, if any on the river, so I am confident in a c/f as the best play atm.
    • ttjjboy
      ttjjboy
      Silver
      bet more on turn

I'd just check fold river
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      I'd bet turn bigger and to that river I'd just c/f , nothing much we can do really unless you have a good history of the villain.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I woudl not b/f river once he has potsize left, so I would either shove myself thinking he would call me down with his medium pp-s or c/c letting him bluff with his busted draws.
      Also you can bet more on the turn to 7$ and then shove river. This way you get maximum value from worse hands and if he is good enough to slowplay on the turn then good for him