Poker Player read my story

• philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Hey everyone I want to start off by saying I been playing for about 2 years now and I love the game so much. I play 1,2 no limit.. I've had the no luck making real money playing 1,2. I also must say I don't got any bankroll I only play when I can make some money and I won't say how but I make lol.

The other day I thought to myself why not give it a try and play higher limit. I jumped from 1,2 to 5, 10 lmfaooo. The funny part is I only buy in 500. I ended maked 2500. I realized atleast for me the real money is in the bigger game.

My question is how much is a good buy in for a 5, 10 game??? and how much is a good raise because I'm new to 5, 10 but love it a lot. Thanks.. Any tips would be good and I must say I play much better higher stake as I play like a donk 12
  • 12 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      your going broke and gl with it, the good buy in would be 100bb, if anyone is sitting with more and you are comfortable playing deep, then buy in more, i reckon its live, then just raise 3x
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      buy in your roll
    • philiveyfan
      philiveyfan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phantommm92
      your going broke and gl with it, the good buy in would be 100bb, if anyone is sitting with more and you are comfortable playing deep, then buy in more, i reckon its live, then just raise 3x

why am i going broke
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      what is your advantage over other players? You will go broke in no time.
    • Hamlet77
      Hamlet77
      Bronze
      as everyone said.. you are going broke.

But I want to add something: "If it is not too much money, take a shot! and the most important learn the lesson once you are broke

GL
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      The reason you are going broke is because you just CAN'T think you're better than the NL1k players when you can't beat NL200. Simple as that.
    • Elefantibus
      Elefantibus
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hamlet77
      as everyone said.. you are going broke.

But I want to add something: "If it is not too much money, take a shot! and the most important learn the lesson once you are broke

GL
      I'm on the learning part right now :D ...I lost my starting-bonus, when I started on Pokerstars tilting a lot and no brm whatsoever...so there I'm broke lol
      Now I found pokerstrategy and got the bonus for FTP, but I have lost like $6 just 2 tables at the beginning today (I lost $2 holding AA against KK)...anyway, I then started to strictly stick to the starting hand chart and "big surprise", I'm at $-2ish now and made it back to there in no time (6 tables;30 min. or so). I played many Ax offsuited, I think that was the main problem^^

I guess that was kind of random, but thanks pokerstrategy^^

Oh, and from what I've read in the forum, I guess you'll go broke...
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Don't listen to others, they're just jelous. :coolface: No way you're going broke, NL1k players are all big fishes. ;)
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TiciBoy
      Don't listen to others, they're just jelous. :coolface: No way you're going broke, NL1k players are all big fishes. ;)
      true words.jellyfags are jelly.
    • JHTAN
      JHTAN
      Bronze
      good luck philiveyfan,

Remember to give me some of your winning when you doing well at NL1k.
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers
      The reason you are going broke is because you just CAN'T think you're better than the NL1k players when you can't beat NL200. Simple as that.
      not only, even the best players in 90% cases would go broke with 2.5BI ir so
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      level