Movin up and down ^^

• hansbans
      I've been away from poker a year or so and have previously been playing NL100/200 until I got busto at NL400 :/. So now I'm back with some heavy re-education grinding my way up from the micros and it is so sickening.

By hasuhans at 2011-06-18

So I am pretty confident in beating the game also at NL10, but the luckfactor has really killed my attempts and messed up my mindset. I will be giving it another go, but it is really hard to keep going after so many hours of grinding for then to be just wacked when moving up a limit.

By hasuhans at 2011-06-18

I have to admit I have been using some aggressive BRM, so maybe it has affected my game more than I think, but I'm pretty confident that my game is good enough for NL10 :/ It is basically the same as NL4, except for a little more aggressive regs.
  • 1 reply
    • fuzzyfish
      Yes the variance is cruel and beating NL200 doesnt necessarily mean that you do good at NL10. IMO the key is to cut back at bluffing and play ridiculous nitty ABC poker.

I play NL50, but one day I decided to make an experiment - I opened up 8 NL10 tables and played 3000 hands there. The result: down 4 BI. Just couldn't stick to the nitty style, it's so fukn boring. Lost most of the money in failed bluffs.