[NL20-NL50] NL25 AK vs SB CC of 3bet

• muel294
      SB was an unknown and I decided to play the hand with caution in case he was playing KK/AA tricky (despite card removal making this less likely)

Flop:I figured I should play way ahead/way behind here. I figure I either have 22-TT(excl 66), QQ KQ AT+ beat here and they are drawing thin to beat me or I am way behind an unlikely KJ or 66 AA/KK.

I also believe that I might get some value from these hands when they bluff or wrongly value bet. I also prefer this to value betting the flop since villaian is an unknown and I have no reason to believe he would go too crazy with any hands that I have beat at this point.

Straight draws are possible but quite unlikely (IMO) given the preflop action.

Turn: If villain had checked to me I am obviously betting for value and protection here but when he bets small here I think he might be donking a draw? Maybe I can raise purely for protection here regardless of whether worse hands call me, but then I have to play raise/fold right, which seems pretty spewy? Which I didn't like the idea of since my hand has showdown value.

River: I hated villains PSB on the river because I now think he has a monster or nothing and my hand is now a bluff catcher.

Dont we expect small pairs and medium stregth made hands to check back the river for showdown.

In the end I felt like I had to be right far too often to make calling here profitable. My hand was marginal and I hadn't invested a great deal so I folded.

Too weak even against unknowns??

Full Tilt - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $27.79
      BB: $26.69
      UTG: $25.00
      UTG+1: $30.18
      MP: $25.00
      MP+1: $18.66
      LP: $25.25
      Hero (CO): $29.90
      BTN: $22.05

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, SB calls $2.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($6.10, 2 players) J:spade: K:heart: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.10, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

River: ($9.70, 2 players) 4:spade:
      SB bets $9.70, fold

SB wins $9.22
  • 2 replies
    • ragney
      Way too weak against unknowns. I would just bet till they give me a reason to stop. We have position so we need as must as value as possible. I'd bet flop, bet turn, bet thin river (and fold to river raise).
    • Kaitz20
      I would generally go bet/bet/shove that spot, another option woudl be bet flopa dn then check back turn, but since he woudl get all-in with worse hands, don´t see why not play there for stacks
      I´d personally raise his small turn bet, since it looks as draw and I´d snapcall river since he doesn´t rep anything