This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 AK vs SB CC of 3bet

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      SB was an unknown and I decided to play the hand with caution in case he was playing KK/AA tricky (despite card removal making this less likely)

Flop:I figured I should play way ahead/way behind here. I figure I either have 22-TT(excl 66), QQ KQ AT+ beat here and they are drawing thin to beat me or I am way behind an unlikely KJ or 66 AA/KK.

I also believe that I might get some value from these hands when they bluff or wrongly value bet. I also prefer this to value betting the flop since villaian is an unknown and I have no reason to believe he would go too crazy with any hands that I have beat at this point.

Straight draws are possible but quite unlikely (IMO) given the preflop action.

Turn: If villain had checked to me I am obviously betting for value and protection here but when he bets small here I think he might be donking a draw? Maybe I can raise purely for protection here regardless of whether worse hands call me, but then I have to play raise/fold right, which seems pretty spewy? Which I didn't like the idea of since my hand has showdown value.

River: I hated villains PSB on the river because I now think he has a monster or nothing and my hand is now a bluff catcher.

Dont we expect small pairs and medium stregth made hands to check back the river for showdown.

In the end I felt like I had to be right far too often to make calling here profitable. My hand was marginal and I hadn't invested a great deal so I folded.

Too weak even against unknowns??

Full Tilt - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $27.79
      BB: $26.69
      UTG: $25.00
      UTG+1: $30.18
      MP: $25.00
      MP+1: $18.66
      LP: $25.25
      Hero (CO): $29.90
      BTN: $22.05

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.50, fold, SB calls $2.40, fold, fold

Flop: ($6.10, 2 players) J:spade: K:heart: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6.10, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB bets $1.80, Hero calls $1.80

River: ($9.70, 2 players) 4:spade:
      SB bets $9.70, fold

SB wins $9.22
  • 2 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Way too weak against unknowns. I would just bet till they give me a reason to stop. We have position so we need as must as value as possible. I'd bet flop, bet turn, bet thin river (and fold to river raise).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would generally go bet/bet/shove that spot, another option woudl be bet flopa dn then check back turn, but since he woudl get all-in with worse hands, don´t see why not play there for stacks
      I´d personally raise his small turn bet, since it looks as draw and I´d snapcall river since he doesn´t rep anything