Hands for Pokerstars

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi there, i'm having a bit of trouble... just signed up to pokerstars so i can get strategy points (previously been playing on ftp - elephant is linked up fine with that account) and when i came to link up the stars account with the elephant i can't actually find the file where it's saving the hand histories. i clicked 'save hand hisories' in the pokerstars options menu and it saves to:

C:\Users\Callum\AppData\Local\PokerStars\HandHistory\

Thats great and everything so i know it's saving the files, however when i go to import the file and browse them, i click on users and then callum and there is no 'AppData'. there is an 'AppData' above 'Callum', but this doesn't contain anything to do with pokerstars or hand histories. i hope i have explained that well enough for someone to help me out. i may be being stupid and missing something really obvious but either way i can't seem to get it working. thanks in advance

Lewis.
  • 12 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey DrDunne,

you probably don't see this folder because it's a hidden one. You can activate the option to show hidden files & folders.

Open any folder - go to 'Organize' -> 'Folder an search options' -> go to 'View' and activate "Show hidden files, folders, and drives'.

You can also press Start and Enter '%localappdata' into the search field.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi mrk thanks for the reply. i tried it out and when i search for it normally i can find it but i still can't get to it through the elephant... when i was trying the other day i did create a new folder somewhere and then select that as the destination but that didnt work either so i changed it back. don't see how that would have interfered but this is the only file available and it obviously is empty. Whenever i select that one it loads up to the elephant but it says manually configured and it's pointless. if i try and search for the file through Local disk (C:) /Users/Callum there is still no AppData... any other ideas?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Try the following:

Play one hand - exit your pokerclient - make sure the handhistory was saved properly and click the "rescan" button on the configuration page. Your folder should show up and should be added as an autoimport folder.

You can also press Start and Enter '%localappdata' into the search field.
      Did you try this?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi, i played a few hands (hand history is definitely being saved - i checked the hand i just played in a notepad file) then clicked rescan and it says "manual auto import scan complete. no modifications detected". also tried the "%localappdata" search and it said no items match the search.... which is weird. ?( maybe i'll have to just live without it on this computer... thanks anyway tho!
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Please make sure everything is started with administrator privileges. Also, please post the latest logfile. You can find it via the Menue -> Help -> Show log folder.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      if i post the latest logfile it will be a huge copy and paste....... not sure if thats what you mean for me to do. i have kept trying but it seems the only way for me to get data from stars is to move the hand history folder from AppData to program files (x86)/pokerstars then create a new folder called hand history and put the file in there. then import it onto the elephant. if i do this it comes up under my ftp import (which is auto) and it says manually configured and i can't find a way of making it auto..
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

you might aswell just have discovered a problem with 64bit windows installations.

What about the following scenario:

- Your PokerStars handhistory is saved to the default path.
      - You played 1 hand and the handhistory was saved properly
      - You open up PokerStrategy.com Elephant
      - Click "Rescan" once

If this does not add the PokerStars default handhistory path to your configuration - please let me know.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey mrk sorry about the late reply i pretty much gave up with it lol. just tried that and no luck :(

after changing the path and still no luck i changed it back to the original, played a hand, opened the folder and it had definitely saved the hand i just played... opened up elephant and clicked rescan and no modifications detected...
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Okay - you are sure you started everything with administrator privileges?

I'd like to see the problem on your machine, if this is an issue with 64 bit installations it needs to be adressed. I've sent you an invitation here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/community/
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i must have missed the bit about administrator privilages lol sorry. well i am trying now to open it with administrator privilages but its now not opening. i'm getting a "Pokerstrategy.com Elephant has stopped working" message from windows saying it will notify me if a solution is available. i have a feeling that if i were to try it with admin. privilages it will work fine so should i uninstall and reinstall it?
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey,

you need to delete the "user.config" file (user configuration).

Go to Start -> Run -> %localappdata% -> PokerStrategy.com -> Search for "user.config" and delete all appearances.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hi thanks for the help mrk it's working fine now :D