My first win!! :D

• tinypeggi
      tinypeggi
      Bronze
      Hey!

I'm fairly new here, but ive been playin like a demon, and going deeper and deeper in tournys every day.

Finally i have won my first tourny! 229 runners, $2 buy in, freezeout ( which i love) and im just so chuffed i wanted to share it with you guys! I really didnt make any mistakes, and only played the top 5% of hands. Heads up worked out a dream. He wasnt that great, and didnt know how to respond to my aggression. This site helped dramatically as i was reading the "final table" guide as i was playing it!

I know its not a massive tourny, but it feels massive to me!!

[img][IMG]https://img64.imageshack.us/img64/4672/pokeru.png[/IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]
  • 9 replies
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tinypeggi
      ..... and only played the top 5% of hands....
      thats probably already a mistacke. but gratz with the win
    • tinypeggi
      tinypeggi
      Bronze
      really?? Could you explain? Im really trying to learn as much as possible :)
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver
      Playing only 5 percent of hands is definately not enough to win tournaments higher than 2 dollars ...

Even in these tournaments, there will be multi tablers with tracking software that will almost never ship you their money...

I'm sorry but I can't be arsed to go into a lot of detail as there is so much information readily available on this site.. will not take you long to find it and you will also learn a lot more on the way ...

Basically ... if you only play 5 percent of hands then it is pretty easy to work out what you have ... and very easy to play against.

Mostly you won't get action from good players they will simply fold when you raise. You will eventually get blinded out/forced into gambling...

If you get action from them then most of the time it will not be good action...

None the less, we all gotta start somewhere so you get my hearty congratulations for a nice scoop...

I'm sure you will come on a long way from this if you stay focused...

Gl in the future ....

cjchalmers :spade:
    • TakeManies
      TakeManies
      Bronze
      Congrats, nice payout :)
    • tinypeggi
      tinypeggi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cjchalmers
      Agreed .. playing only 5 percent of hands is definately not enough to win tournaments higher than 2 dollars ...

Even in these tournaments, there will be multi tablers with tracking software that will almost never ship you their money...

I'm sorry but I can't be arsed to go into a lot of detail as there is so much information readily available on this site.. will not take you long to find it and you will also learn a lot more on the way ...

Basically ... if you only play 5 percent of hands then it is pretty easy to work out what you have ...

Mostly you won't get action from good players they will simply fold when you raise. You will eventually get blinded out/forced into gambling...

If you get action from them then most of the time it will not be good action...

None the less, we all gotta start somewhere so you get my hearty congratulations for a nice scoop...

I'm sure you will come on a long way from this if you stay focused...

Gl in the future ....

cjchalmers :spade:

Hey! Thanks alot for the great info! I mean when i said 5%, it was prob unrealistic. I did mix it up a little!

Your right though, if i only play the great hands then its pretty obvious what im doing. This is great advice, thanks very much!

Now i have a little bankroll im gonna stick in there and hope to win many more!

thanks again

peggi
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      well, in general people dont read you at micros, but the problem is that when you are playing a short effective stack, you have to widen your ranges(this includes open pushes, loose 1st in steals)
    • cjchalmers
      cjchalmers
      Silver

Hey! Thanks alot for the great info! I mean when i said 5%, it was prob unrealistic. I did mix it up a little!

Your right though, if i only play the great hands then its pretty obvious what im doing. This is great advice, thanks very much!

peggi
      No probs ... i presumed you got an accurate number from tracking software or the client.. (you definately are playing a little too tight tho from the sound of it)

Good that you are mixing it up keep at it...

Now i have a little bankroll im gonna stick in there and hope to win many more!

thanks again

peggi
      Your most welcome ... keep focused.. raise your game, and treat your bankroll with respect...

Always be realistic about your current state of mind... don't be silly and tilt.. always try and play your best...

You sound like you have the right mindset...

Originally posted by phantommm92
      well, in general people dont read you at micros
      phantommm92
      agreed... there will be a few who use tracking software but mostly your strategy will work there...

Originally posted by phantommm92
      you have to widen your ranges(this includes open pushes, loose 1st in steals)
      phantommm92
      agreed ... as for learning open pushes get the icm trainer light and then icm trainer (available in the software section on this site) ... these tools will provide a wealth of improvement to your game... (try to analyze when and why you are wrong when you are...)

as for loosening up .. here's a start... (the numbers quoted are seat positions if you are not familiar with positions)

play tight in early position (1-2) ...

play slightly tight in middle position (loosening up a little bit each seat around 3-5) ...

play slightly loose in the cut off

play loose on the button

As for what to play that is up to you.. and it also of course all depends on who is still left to act behind you...

Anyway i said i couldn't be arsed getting into detail so you owe me lol ... jk

once again... gl at the tables... hit the articles and watch any videos you have unlocked relative to the games you play...

knowledge = power = money ... peace
    • JazBenz
      JazBenz
      Bronze
      well apparently playing 5% of hands in a $2 MTT was enough to win it, congrats to you - and it is true, especially at sites like PKR, people never fold too often, even when its obvious that you have AA or KK, just annoying then if they outflop you with garbage lol
    • qingfeng456
      qingfeng456
      Basic
      well, in general people dont read you at micros, but the problem is that when you are playing a short effective stack, you have to widen your ranges(this includes open pushes, loose 1st in steals)