fer dem az carez

• belayd
      belayd
      Global
      On the early morning of Saturday, June 11, after an ugly set of five STTs that my unofficial poker "coach" had partly observed, I had a serious discussion with him.

My "coach" hates to be called a coach. In his words: "Hey, buddy, don't you know I suck at poker?" He maintains that he's not good enough to charge money and was therefore helping me out for free--which still benefitted me because he's a profitable player and I never was.

Anyway, the gist of the discussion was: (1) I'm not able or willing to put in the work required to become a profitable player; (2) I don't enjoy playing poker if I'm losing. So why not quit?

It wasn't his suggestion, and it wasn't precisely my idea, but just something that came out of discussion.

I thought about it and made a decision to stop playing poker. And since then, I've thought about poker maybe twice in eight and a half days. My time is too full with other things. My poker playing epoch is definitely behind me.

I am still interested in poker, and I enjoy participating in fora, but am not sure how people would feel about a non-player being an active member here. So my guess is that I'll drop by from time to time to say hi but otherwise not stir up too much s***.

So I guess I'm posting this only to let people know what happened to me and why I haven't posted anything in more than a week. For those who didn't care in the first place, pretend you didn't waste time reading this message.

Ciao. :)
  • 1 reply
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      Hi Belayd

It's a shame to see you go. :( . Every one has to do what is best for themselves and poker is not for everyone. However it was looking like you were were putting some time and passion in it. In many case to take a break and try again after a while can help. Anyhow, whether it is just a break or you are not going to play again I wish you the best of luck for your present and future.

Best regards

Thazar