This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT from CO

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Pasa wasa - hope all is good,

This hand is shortly after my AA being outdrawn so I think maybe I was a little tilty calling the river.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $1.61
      MP2:
      $0.85
      MP3:
      $5.56
      CO (Hero):
      $0.77
      BU:
      $0.80
      SB:
      $0.62
      BB:
      $5.03
      UTG2:
      $0.72

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) 7, 4, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.3) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($0.9) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Final Pot: $1.26.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and sevens(Ts Tc).
      SB shows a flush, queen high(5h 2h).

SB wins with a flush, queen high(5h 2h).

Maybe my cbet could have been bigger but I don't think it's too relevant - if he's calling it he'll call 0.08 ot 0.10. If he had a strong hand I would expect a 3bet from SB pre - but calling looks more marginal like suited conectors or something imo. (Please feel free to correct me here)

I think calling the river was spewy - my question is about the turn. I could have either check behind and see how villain plays the river or I could have tried to put him AI because he was quite short like 30bb stack. In retropect I think I'd be more inclined to play check/fold line from turn - I wanted to know your thoughts on this please?

Thanks as always,

AKM
  • 5 replies
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      Hey,

PF and flop is fine; 0.08 or 0.1 is indeed not very relevant. You have to consider that if you bet pot here, he has 18 cents left, so he's dead commited. That means you might aswell shove; if he calls 0.30, he'd call 0.48 for sure.
      Nothing wrong with the river call, you had huge odds.
      Checking behind is also awkward. The PFcall suggests to me he doesn't have a 7, I'd put him on QJ+ or a PP for setmining. If he has a set he'd check-raise the flop for sure.
      I think you played it fine; but shoving on the turn would be slightly better.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey Pureness - thank you for the feedback and your input -

Yeah odds on the river are sick - agreed. I was reading recently about the difference between GTO (Game Optimal Theory & exploitable play) - I don't have to over complicate things @ NL2 but looking back on the hand made me think about what's actually going on as opposed to just pot odds - he's drawing and on the river he hits something - worst case scenario he has Qs and I am still beat - I am not expecting too many bluffs at this limit. So I am still not sure about calling the river because of this
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      Hey,

You have a point there, but if you plan on folding the river when a heart drops, you shouldn't bet 30 cents there. Shove it or bet 18-20 cents so that you're not dead commited.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pureness
      You have a point there, but if you plan on folding the river when a heart drops, you shouldn't bet 30 cents there. Shove it or bet 18-20 cents so that you're not dead commited.
      If he only has you beat , do you still call a bet that gives 100:1 odds?

If you play against a Fish just go for max value if he is flushdraw chasing so bet pot on the Flop and shove the Turn

As played fold river as explained above

- Gerv
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Noted - good points. Thanks for the feedback :)