[NL2-NL10] NL2 TT from CO

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Pasa wasa - hope all is good,

This hand is shortly after my AA being outdrawn so I think maybe I was a little tilty calling the river.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $1.61
      MP2:
      $0.85
      MP3:
      $5.56
      CO (Hero):
      $0.77
      BU:
      $0.80
      SB:
      $0.62
      BB:
      $5.03
      UTG2:
      $0.72

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.14) 7, 4, 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.08, SB calls $0.08.

Turn: ($0.3) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30.

River: ($0.9) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.18, Hero calls $0.18.

Final Pot: $1.26.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, tens and sevens(Ts Tc).
      SB shows a flush, queen high(5h 2h).

SB wins with a flush, queen high(5h 2h).

Maybe my cbet could have been bigger but I don't think it's too relevant - if he's calling it he'll call 0.08 ot 0.10. If he had a strong hand I would expect a 3bet from SB pre - but calling looks more marginal like suited conectors or something imo. (Please feel free to correct me here)

I think calling the river was spewy - my question is about the turn. I could have either check behind and see how villain plays the river or I could have tried to put him AI because he was quite short like 30bb stack. In retropect I think I'd be more inclined to play check/fold line from turn - I wanted to know your thoughts on this please?

Thanks as always,

AKM
  • 5 replies
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      Hey,

PF and flop is fine; 0.08 or 0.1 is indeed not very relevant. You have to consider that if you bet pot here, he has 18 cents left, so he's dead commited. That means you might aswell shove; if he calls 0.30, he'd call 0.48 for sure.
      Nothing wrong with the river call, you had huge odds.
      Checking behind is also awkward. The PFcall suggests to me he doesn't have a 7, I'd put him on QJ+ or a PP for setmining. If he has a set he'd check-raise the flop for sure.
      I think you played it fine; but shoving on the turn would be slightly better.
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Hey Pureness - thank you for the feedback and your input -

Yeah odds on the river are sick - agreed. I was reading recently about the difference between GTO (Game Optimal Theory & exploitable play) - I don't have to over complicate things @ NL2 but looking back on the hand made me think about what's actually going on as opposed to just pot odds - he's drawing and on the river he hits something - worst case scenario he has Qs and I am still beat - I am not expecting too many bluffs at this limit. So I am still not sure about calling the river because of this
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      Hey,

You have a point there, but if you plan on folding the river when a heart drops, you shouldn't bet 30 cents there. Shove it or bet 18-20 cents so that you're not dead commited.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Pureness
      You have a point there, but if you plan on folding the river when a heart drops, you shouldn't bet 30 cents there. Shove it or bet 18-20 cents so that you're not dead commited.
      If he only has you beat , do you still call a bet that gives 100:1 odds?

If you play against a Fish just go for max value if he is flushdraw chasing so bet pot on the Flop and shove the Turn

As played fold river as explained above

- Gerv
    • AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Noted - good points. Thanks for the feedback :)