[NL2-NL10] Ak

• drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($4.30)
      UTG+1 ($7.35)
      MP1 ($15.30)
      MP2 ($37.15)
      MP3 ($12.45)
      CO ($24.60)
      Button ($4.60)
      SB ($24.75)
      BB ($10.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with , .
      Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, MP2 calls $1, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, 1 fold.

Flop: ($3.25) , , (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.3 (All-In), MP2 folds, SB calls $3.30.

Turn: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($0) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $9.85

Results in white below:
      SB has 9s 9c (straight, jack high).
      Hero has Kc Ah (high card, ace).
      Outcome: SB wins $9.85.

Correct push or rather c-bet such hand?
  • 11 replies
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      I think i hade to much odds and outs not to push?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      you think? :) you should be able to count both in 0.145 sec), especially, given the ammount of hands you played.

so you can start from now)
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere
      you think? :) you should be able to count both in 0.145 sec), especially, given the ammount of hands you played.

so you can start from now)
      :) joker:) , i like you "black" humour..:)
      Bronze
      edit: nvm, i'm blind...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      the funny thing is it is not funny at all :D unless you don`t want to repeat your NL 10 experience any more...

So I strongly recommend you to start calculating and posting odds and pot odds in every single hand you post. If you start doing so, soon you will be able to analyze situations in terms of equity.

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/258/

feel free to ask any questions
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Yes, i could, you are right, anway i know have to calculate outs and odds but you must now that EV can not be just calculated like that simple when playing...you know that very well....except if you are a math genius...I have simple method of odds calculation (written in the article link) which everybody should know when playing poker, but for equity calculation i do not do that for know....My simple rule is when you have more then 12 outs it is definitely playable, from 8 - 12 outs i have to have some reads, below 8 i am usually folding.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Nobody asks you to calculate EV during the game) equity=odds, 1out ~ 4% equity.

btw, your rule sucks) you have to make decision based on odds and pot odds, not on outs quantity. Yoar goal is not to be able to calculate equity and pot equity on flow, but to have a feeling of profitable spots and moves.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      btw, this hand is fine) your pot odds are 2:1 = 1/3 = 33% pot equity. Nut flush draw + 2 overcards definitely provide enough equity.
    • drachdudek
      drachdudek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xylere

btw, your rule sucks) you have to make decision based on odds and pot odds, not on outs quantity. Yoar goal is not to be able to calculate equity and pot equity on flow, but to have a feeling of profitable spots and moves.
      My rule obviously do not suck if i am wining..anway to make this clear this is my "basic" rule - first rule, when i see the flop,(even wit less then 8outs is playable if you see the proper "spot" to play) which does not include other rules when make a decision, how to play a postflop, like odds and pot odds which i do not calculate, as i dont have time but just have some matrix in my head...Anway, i dont want to argue with you because you are better player then me, but everybody has is own system, the main point is that system works for himself:) but in the end you are definitely correct!!!
      Originally posted by xylereto have a feeling of profitable spots and moves.
    • KillaKHAN
      KillaKHAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by drachdudek
      My rule obviously do not suck if i am wining..anway to make this clear this is my "basic" rule - first rule, when i see the flop,(even wit less then 8outs is playable if you see the proper "spot" to play) which does not include other rules when make a decision, how to play a postflop, like odds and pot odds which i do not calculate, as i dont have time but just have some matrix in my head...Anway, i dont want to argue with you because you are better player then me, but everybody has is own system, the main point is that system works for himself:) but in the end you are definitely correct!!!
      Originally posted by xylereto have a feeling of profitable spots and moves.
      The thing is, that your rules will make you fold hands that are profitable to play.

For example if you got a 6 outer that you would fold but if the pot odds are more than 1:3(24%) it's actually a profitable call...
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillaKHAN
      For example if you got a 6 outer that you would fold but if the pot odds are more than 1:3(24%) it's actually a profitable call...
      exactly + fold equity

normally, against an average calling range on this limit AK (as 2 overcards), for instance, will give you 33-40% equity against 1 caller.