This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - MSS, KK in BU, haha never play your kings like this

• BadeaCelRau
      BadeaCelRau
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1:
      $4.24
      MP2:
      $11.11
      MP3:
      $10.19
      CO:
      $12.13
      BU (Hero):
      $4.00
      SB:
      $2.55
      BB:
      $3.90
      UTG1:
      $11.29
      UTG2:
      $15.12

Preflop: Hero is BU with K, K.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds, UTG2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.35) K, 4, 9 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, UTG2 calls $1.00.

Turn: ($4.35) 3 (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, CO bets $4.14, Hero calls $2.60(All-In), UTG2 raises to $13.72, CO calls $6.59.

River: ($31.4) 8 (3 players)

Final Pot: $31.4.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, kings(Kc Ks).
      UTG2 shows a flush, ace high(Ah 5h).
      CO shows a pair of kings(Ac Kd).

UTG2 wins with a flush, ace high(Ah 5h).

CO is a regulr, UTG2 is a fish with stats
      26(vpip)/2(pfr)/0/0/4(steal)
      33(cbet)/64(fcbet)/40(f 2nd)/31(wtsd)/1.8(af)

I think the play is standard, I wanted the utg fish in the pot, a 3bet would scare him away and I know he's limping aces under the gun so if an ace shows up I'll just check/fold. On the flop the call is debatable, again I want a triple-up, 1/5 times there won't be a heart on the turn and then I can easily shove and still get calls. Excluding the flushdraw the board is dry. Should I just push on the flop?

Sadly a bad card comes on the turn and I can easily predict where the money is heading xD , no fullhouse for me either.

Bad play or I'm just born under an unlucky star? :(
  • 2 replies
    • Pureness
      Pureness
      Bronze
      Hey,

This is a very common mistake that people seem to find hard to remember: just raise those premiums! You say you wan't the fish in the pot: you don't! If you don't reraise you'll get a multiway pot, and the last thing you want with kings is a multiway pot. Also on the flop: just shove it right in there. Bet those flush draws away, or they'll hit. If they get some cards, they'll only put more money in the pot with 2p+, trust me. So if they put money in the pot, your beat and if you have them beat they won't.

There's just one way to avoid these situations: raise :)
      Don't be sad if you raise and everybody folds, you won money! And 5BB/100 is quite a good rate for SSS plus raising is way more +EV than calling.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      If you have Topset and the Reg cBets into 2 people. most likely he has a flushdraw+overcard (AQ) so if you shove in his face you give him 2:1

Also here you must look how often this fish has something. Since you have topset, villain has a flushdraw,99,44 most likely that means a lot of things are ''blocked'' so he can't have those stuff

So in the end it all comes down to:
      P% you double up versus P% you triple up with the corresponding $ amount

Best regards,
      Gerv