This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Fr - KK against 2

• abzupfer
      abzupfer
      Bronze
      Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $12.85
      UTG+1: $28.50
      MP1: $22.90
      MP2: $37.65
      MP3: $46.45
      CO: $50.40
      Button: $24
      Hero: $18.45
      BB: $17.40

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with K K
      3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.5, MP3 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2, BB calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls.

Flop: 5 7 Q ($6.5, 3 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: 9 ($19.25, 3 players)
      Hero is all-in $12.2, 2 folds.
      Uncalled bets: $12.2 returned to Hero.

Results:
      Final pot: $19.25

Really don't know about this hand.

Both MP3 and BB cold call preflop. Since I missed to reload X( I have $16.5 left in a $6 pot, so if I bet potsize I am committed, right?
      I was a tiny little worried of BB having AA or QQ, so how do I play the flop?
      - all in will only be called by better hands, maybe AQ will call but that is marginal I think
      - bet-fold 3/4 of the pot?
      or different?

As played I don't like the turn card but a flush seems not too likely. Since my stack is relatively small, is the all in ok? If someone bets I have to call anyway, right?

thx
  • 3 replies
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      You are commited and its ok to shove the turn. However, one may also consider a check with the intention to call a bet. Aggressive opponents use such turns to bluff. However, I wanna know my opponent before doing such a move.
    • abzupfer
      abzupfer
      Bronze
      I am not sure about the flop play, because a well sized bet almost commits me already on the flop ...

When called by 1 opponent the pot on the turn will be my stacksize, if called by both it is bigger than my stack. So unless an Ace comes, I will have to push on the turn or call a bet.

Is that correct?
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Yes. The stack sizes aren't good in this hand: any bet will commit you but you have to bet. However, I'd bet pot on the flop (didn't recognize it first) to clearly commit me.