This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My Journey through Micro SNG's Blog

• ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      A little about me:

I'm a 29 year old Laboratory Technician from Canada that recently finished working on a 1-year contract. I have been playing poker on and off for about 2 years but loved playing it as i love the strategies that are associated with poker (i used to play chess).

My Journey:

Started with a $50 bonus on party from ps.com. Played $1 and $3 SNG's (Rake is so awful!!!), anyhow, i stuck to it and worked my way up to $180 in one year before transferring funds to Full Tilt.

First 2 months, i was disheartened after losing 1/2 my BR and i was wondering what the heck i was doing wrong?

After some intense soul searching, i figured out i was playing too tight and loosen up according, after which i saw immediate results (I started to hit alot more itm then before). After 2 years, I'm at $400 (took out $100 earlier in the year so down to $300) and was going to play $6 turbo SNG but then Full tilt got hit by the lawsuit. Had to withdraw all my money from Full tilt. Had a $2 Ring game ticket that i worked up to $27 (i won $15+1.5 ticket from a sat that i transfer to T$)

Current BR on Full Tilt

$27

Here are my plans to try and make the most out of poker (The sky is the limit!!!)

Make $2000/month profit (ultimate goal, so I can live off it without working)

2011 Poker Goals:

-Going to only play single table for now to improve my game/fix any leaks I have, also as to be able to read my opponents better

-Make some money while playing full-time poker (going for 6-8 hour a day with breaks in between)

-Reach $6 turbo SNG by the end of the year

-Play 2-3 sat’s a week and hope to ship them to supplement my poker bankroll
      -Study and improve as often as possible in order to play better poker and make better decisions (win or lose)
      -Find 2$ (and higher) SNG turbo sweating partners on Skype

I’ll probably have to play for about a week to find out how many games a day would be ideal for single table. Each game takes about 20-25 mins so maybe play 2 then take a 5 min rest before repeating the same thing?

Non-poker goals

-Go swimming daily (I feel smarter after swimming, :D )

-Work out twice a week

I hope you all get some inspiration out of this blog!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!

Feel free to ask me any question as well as any comments/suggestions
  • 5 replies
    • Satanic4
      Satanic4
      Bronze
      Good luck!!!!!

:f_biggrin:
    • Salivanth
      Salivanth
      Bronze
      I'm a 2.25 Turbo SNG regular and would be happy to do some sweat sessions. My name is Salivanth on Skype, so feel free to add me and we can work out a time.

Good luck with the blog!
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Not much of an update, but here goes:

Full Tilt is down and my BR dropped down to $16 before i couldn't log in anymore.

I'm currently playing with a second $50 BR that ps.com has kindly given to me, :D

Software is crappy and i have to wait so long for a game to start. I'm used to playing $2 turbo SNG on ftp but now i'm playing $1 turbo or sup turbo or DON on William Hill. Had to deposit $100 just to save my BR which is now at a sad $11 (Total is now $111 cause i just deposit $100)

Total BR $111

Also the FDB is so hard to clear. I need 7000 points, :O

I calculate that i need to play 20 games of $2 turbo SNG for 30 days to make 7000 points but theres no way i can do that, :(

Any suggestions?

I will probably deposit on stars once this month is up. Then i can play games much quicker and start playing more seriously, :)
    • ironmask92
      ironmask92
      Bronze
      Its been awhile since I updated but here it is.

Got a new job as a laboratory technician.

Switched over to playing from full tilt to titan (from the money i took out before black friday from full tilt).

Started playing on Titan with $50 (i wanted to challenge myself to start from scratch). Started playing $2 turbo SNGs. Got lucky when Titan had that 50% off promo for $2, $5 and $10 SNG's for 3 days (only allowed to buy-in to 6 SNG's per limit).

My bankroll went from $50 to $250 in 3 days, :o

Doesn't get any better then that, :D

Only had to win 2/6 games per limit to be profitable

Went up to playing $5 turbo SNG's after that and my roll hovered around the $230 to $320 mark before i hit god mode for 1 day and my roll hit $520.

Then all hell broke loose the week after and dropped back to around $400.

Current bankroll is $417

I'm hoping to have a big enough bankroll by the end of this year to play $10 games on titan ($550 bankroll needed for $10 games).
    • Thorek
      Thorek
      Bronze
      Remeber about bankroll managment