Shipped my first tourney!

• outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Today I decided I'd try playing MTTs on FTP, even though I wasn't rolled for it (I just had $40 on that account) and I had only tried playing real-money tourneys a couple times before (and only with bonus money).

I decided to go for the $1.10 turbo rush OD, four-tabling. Played horribly in the first 8 and got pissed off about some bad beats. Kept playing regardless until I had $20 left.

Found a video series on PS where Aaron Lambert plays exactly this kind of tournaments! :) That was tremendously helpful.

After dinner, decided to give it one last try, this time two-tabling to keep my focus more on what was going on. Out of a field of 600 in both, I shipped the 1st and came in 16th at the 2nd! :)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm so happy! I'll keep playing these tourneys in the days to come, but for tonight I'll just celebrate my biggest payday to date :)
  • 4 replies
    • FlikstRR
      FlikstRR
      Bronze
      grts dude :D

still loking for my first win. Ive final tabled 2 and finished top 50 in like 6/7 freerolls with 1k+ entrants.. but never cashed more than $6 :(

One day. One day. lol :rolleyes:
    • outspan
      outspan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by FlikstRR
      grts dude :D

still loking for my first win. Ive final tabled 2 and finished top 50 in like 6/7 freerolls with 1k+ entrants.. but never cashed more than $6 :(

One day. One day. lol :rolleyes:
      Haha yes. Just keep at it! I'm sure there's an MTT skype group on the forum. I actually think I'll join it too!

It may be just that I'm happy about shipping that tourney, but I think I might start playing them exclusively now that I'm rolled for them! I've actually wanted to do this for a long time, but was stuck with a $40 BR so it would have been too risky. Now that I took a shot and succeeded, I have over 140BI and I'm rolled for $1 MTTs -- that's why I'm so happy, this feels like a huge win for me :)

ps: I just found out, the win gave me the ticket to the $25k rush week freeroll... sweet :)
    • phantommm92
      phantommm92
      Bronze
      grats on win, just if you grind them, have quite a good BMR for the next limits
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      great dude, another proof of concept that our educational concept seems to work - keep studying, it will make a difference! Also thanks for saying thanks to the coach,too. That is also a great encouragement for them :-)