[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo from MP3

• AKM247

So if I am reraised with AJ I should fold according to the charts - I played it differently due to loose play from this player and also since it's a min reraise and I have position.

Can we call in some instances - I am going to change betting size to at least 4bb raises so in this instance it would have cost me 1bb to see flop.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.61) 8, 7, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.44, BB calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.49) Q (2 players)

River: ($1.49) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.49.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(J A).
      BB shows a pair of eights(8 A).

BB wins with a pair of eights(8 A).

Villain misses the flop and I think I can rep the K in this spot so for the amount a cbet cost I shove thinking I have fold equity.

I could have folded from the start but I think I was ahead to begin with - I usually choose tables using Poker Table Ratings and colour code players then watch whilst I wait for blinds so I have an idea of the players and this one was loose. As far as range goes I don't put K in his range based on flop play and thought A rag (this seems to be what I come up against often).

• 1 reply
    • Gerv

You have to be more specific with ''loose'' . Loose can be him playing 51/5 but also 39/38, 20/20 which is totally different from each other.

Therefore I do not like your bluff4bet because you are always committed and you are just better off shoving preflop then. What I would do is just call his 3bet and play some Poker.

- Gerv