This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo from MP3

• AKM247
      AKM247
      Bronze
      Heyhello,

So if I am reraised with AJ I should fold according to the charts - I played it differently due to loose play from this player and also since it's a min reraise and I have position.

Can we call in some instances - I am going to change betting size to at least 4bb raises so in this instance it would have cost me 1bb to see flop.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $1.53
      UTG2:
      $1.30
      MP1:
      $2.93
      MP2 (Hero):
      $0.74
      MP3:
      $1.31
      CO:
      $1.18
      BU:
      $2.63
      SB:
      $2.25
      BB:
      $2.79

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, A.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.61) 8, 7, K (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.44, BB calls $0.44.

Turn: ($1.49) Q (2 players)

River: ($1.49) 2 (2 players)

Final Pot: $1.49.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(J A).
      BB shows a pair of eights(8 A).

BB wins with a pair of eights(8 A).

Villain misses the flop and I think I can rep the K in this spot so for the amount a cbet cost I shove thinking I have fold equity.

I could have folded from the start but I think I was ahead to begin with - I usually choose tables using Poker Table Ratings and colour code players then watch whilst I wait for blinds so I have an idea of the players and this one was loose. As far as range goes I don't put K in his range based on flop play and thought A rag (this seems to be what I come up against often).

Thanks,

AKM
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

You have to be more specific with ''loose'' . Loose can be him playing 51/5 but also 39/38, 20/20 which is totally different from each other.

Therefore I do not like your bluff4bet because you are always committed and you are just better off shoving preflop then. What I would do is just call his 3bet and play some Poker.

- Gerv