$0.84
      MP2:
      $5.05
      MP3:
      $5.21
      CO (Hero):
      $4.33

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7, 8.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.02, BU calls $0.02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.09) T, K, T (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.08, BU calls $0.08, BB folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($0.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU calls $0.32.

River: ($0.89) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.32, BU raises to $2.63(All-In), Hero calls $2.31.

Final Pot: $6.15.
      Results follow:

BU shows a full-house, tens full of kings(T K).
      Hero shows a flush, king high(7 8).

BU wins with a full-house, tens full of kings(T K).

I lost 150 BB in this hand, I just want to know if I played correctly. Should I have folded after the all-in on the river or maybe just called?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Dookie855,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: You can actually as well isolate here. While even being deeper. But if you don't feel comfortable with it then you can as well just Call.
      Flop: Seems to be fine to bet it with the FD. Although keep in mind that you only will have 8high flush and as well it's paired board.
      Turn: Wouldn't really overbet it just tells everything about your hand. You have a strong hand. And unless he is really fishy I wouldn't really do that. Plus you might just bet against some FH even or better flush.
      River: I'd bet myself ~$0,50 and likely just fold against his shove. We don't beat much here. Better flushes, FHs beat us. What do you expect to beat yourself?

Best regards.
    • Dookie855
      Dookie855
      Basic
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Dookie855,

Welcome to the NL BSS Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future, so we will be able to help you fix your leaks and as well help move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: You can actually as well isolate here. While even being deeper. But if you don't feel comfortable with it then you can as well just Call.
      Flop: Seems to be fine to bet it with the FD. Although keep in mind that you only will have 8high flush and as well it's paired board.
      Turn: Wouldn't really overbet it just tells everything about your hand. You have a strong hand. And unless he is really fishy I wouldn't really do that. Plus you might just bet against some FH even or better flush.
      River: I'd bet myself ~$0,50 and likely just fold against his shove. We don't beat much here. Better flushes, FHs beat us. What do you expect to beat yourself?

Best regards.
      I really appreciate your advice.

Here's my train of thought.

Preflop - I feel most comfortable just following the starting hand chart, which says it's best to call in such a situation. Plus I want as many people as possible in the flop, because of the specifics of my hand - or is that not a good decision?

Flop - I didn't know whether to bet or to call, but in the end just decided i have enough strength in my hand to bet. I have a question though - why didn't my opponent raise here?

Turn- Since there were already 3 hearts on the table I wanted to protect myself from another heart in case my opponent has one, that's why I bet so much.

River - I raised a smaller amount, hoping I would trap him somehow-I really thought i had the best hand.Judging by the cards and the course of the play I didn't put him on a FH, but maybe 2 pair, because of his flop play... Looking at it know, I realize I played badly. I will be really careful with raises on the turn and especially river from now on.

Did my opponent play the hand correctly?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      The opponent played his hand perfectly. You just made yourself him to choose the line. Why should he raise you if you even over-betting and showing strength.