This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 flopped 99 set on dry board

• w3ewe3
      w3ewe3
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      MP2:
      $24.90
      SB:
      $29.90
      Hero:
      $25

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:heart: , 9:diamond:
      MP2 raises to $1, 3 folds, SB calls $0.90, Hero calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) K:diamond: , 5:heart: , 9:club: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 bets $2, SB folds, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($7) 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($7) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $11

is my play ok? should i have raised the flop or just slow play it? and maybe bet the turn? i was hoping that he'd make a bet, when i think about it now it would have been better play to bet the turn yes?
  • 2 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hard to play set on dry board. If you c/c flop and trying to c/r turn, he would often check behind. I think you played it fine. If the player is passive you could play bet flop, bet turn, bet river. Hard him to fold AK or AA
      I would also like to try out someday check/all-in:D , since it such a donk move, that I might even get a call from overpair or AK^^
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      Its ok - if he flops nothing, the check may induce a bluff. If you c/r in such a spot he folds always...