[NL2-NL10] Nl10: Aa

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)    
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $21,63
      MP2:
      $8,70

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , A:spade:
      MP2 calls $0,10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0,50, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0,40.

Flop: ($1,15) 2:diamond: , 9:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0,10, Hero raises to $0,90, MP2 calls $0,80.

Turn: ($2,95) K:diamond: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1,60, MP2 calls $1,60.

River: ($6,15) T:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $2,50, MP2 raises to $5,70 (All-In), Hero calls $3,20.

Final Pot: $17,55

I guess i could have bet the turn a bit stronger. Any other thoughts for improvement?
  • 7 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      You could raise flop 1,2$. Bet turn 2$. On the river you can´t bet/fold, so you could bet smt like 3-4$.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Why bet bigger on the flop? The board is really dry. Unless he has a T8 for an oesd he is drawing very thin. (Or has me already beat with a set or a mysterious 2-pair). If I bet the pot I'm only hoping that he is stupid enough to call me with whatever junk. Am I not chasing out too many hands here? I have a made hand and want to value bet. So I need to get value from tp, other pair, overcards, etc... and not chase them out?
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If he is holding two pair you´re behind and should fold to his push. But you don´t want him to draw cheaply, if he should hold T8. Even if he holds pocketpair, you should rather want that he would put more money in with worse hand than yours.
    • nttflox
      nttflox
      Bronze
      You can always check turn for pot control and bluff induce. Flop is not so draw heavy.
    • Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      If he is holding two pair you´re behind and should fold to his push. But you don´t want him to draw cheaply, if he should hold T8. Even if he holds pocketpair, you should rather want that he would put more money in with worse hand than yours.
      Wel I mean that I want to value bet his flop. Protection isn't that important on this board. So why not value bet a bit lower like .90 (=3/4 pot) than bet the pot.
      It is very unlikely that he has T8, but much more likely he has just two overcards or a pair and then I want to keep him with me. If my value bet is too high, so that i chase away those hands, then i don't get value?
      I want him to put more money in with worse hands than mine, but don't i catch much more worse hand with me with a 3/4 pot bet than with a potbet?

The only upside of a higher flopbet is that i can make the pot bigger on later streets, but if I lose villain on the flop, I don't get any value.

If he pushes after a 3/4pot or a pot bet, the information he's giving to me is still te same, right?

Nice remark nttflox.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I guess against min-bet it doesn´t make much difference if you re-raise him 0,9 or 1,2. Actually I would probably re-raise 1$:) , but pot is also fine.
      If you re-raise 0,9$, your fold equity is probably lower than 1,2$ and he would call either way if he wants to.
      So rising 0,94 is also fine.
    • Thorsten77
      Thorsten77
      Black
      He minbets/calls on a dry board... He may have a marginal hand or a monster. Hence, I check behind the turn and call a river bet or bet the river for value if he checks.