• burek2000
      Hello guys,

I would ask a professional opinion on the correct play in situation I found myself recently several times in...

I play SSS on low limits and I was wondering how to play in situation when you hold cards playable from middle or late position(like 99 or AQ) on late position or in blinds and someone if front of you makes a minbet while others fold.

Until now I played those hands according to the SSS articles, so I folded since my hands are not reraise hands. From my own observation players who raise minbets usually hold weak hands or premium hands trying to get some action from opponents. But in most cases when I was holding premium hand and was competent to make a reraise I achieved fold from the minbet raiser and for this reason I believe it could be profitable to make reraises also with nonpremium hands. I also watched videos about SSS and I saw Undercover82 disrespecting those minbets and making his regular raises(actually reraises in those cases). But according to the strategy you would have to fold nonreraise hands, so I would appreciate an opinion about the correct play in situations like described.

...I would also ask what to do if someone before you calls the minbet, if the correct play differs from play without a call.

P.S.: My question is more like a question about general play in those situations assuming that you don't have any reads on your opponents.

Thank you for your time!
  • 1 reply
    • xylere
      Hi burek2000,

I also disrespect minbets and make regular raises or push if there are 2+ callers. However, I was folding most of the time on NL 10. Situations where there are coldcallers are more profitable, because you have more dead money in the pot.

The best way to figure out which situations are profitable is to post your hands in Sample hands forum.