This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl 50 AA

• Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50.91
      CO:
      $41.61

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , A:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      MP3 calls $0.50, CO checks, BU folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $3.00, MP3 folds, CO calls $2.50, SB folds.

Flop: ($7.00) K:diamond: , Q:club: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.50, Hero raises to $7.00, CO calls $4.50.

Turn: ($21.00) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, CO folds.

Final Pot: $31.00

The reason i bet the turn that high is because if a J or a 10 shows up then i could be in trouble and also now there was a flush draw on the board.. so i wanted to take the pot down there and then..
  • 4 replies
    • Floating
      Floating
      Bronze
      suppose you were villain in this hand, would you fold a flush draw to a $10 bet on turn?
    • Roya1flush
      Roya1flush
      Bronze
      Good question.. Did not think of it that way..

and the answer is i am not sure to be honest.. I hit then it would be a big pot to take down.. if not then i loose a big pot..

it would be a 50/50 for me...
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      If you want to protect on the turn, then you have to bet more than 1/2 the pot. You're giving 3:1 odds, and with top set, you're also giving good implied odds to your opponent ;)
      I'd also just bet out on the flop. There's not much chance that villain will bet, and you don't have a strong enough hand to slowplay, so bet ~5-6$ I think. Oh and I'd also raise 50c more preflop, but that's just a habit, it probably doesn't change much ^^,
    • Cojack123
      Cojack123
      Black
      dont check raise the flop
      the board is drawy and it looks weird.
      Betting out will gain more money.

At the turn bet higher
      If he has 2 pair, set he will call more
      and you dont want to see a Jack
      or a Ten at the river.

Because it killes the action.