This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

starting capital

• 6 replies
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello elesarrrr,

It is because you do not have enough buy ins for that limit.

Please read the bank roll management part of this article.

Toby
    • elesarrrr
      elesarrrr
      Bronze
      so?whats the problem?
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      For starters, if you can't read a basic article and understand it, you're retarded - end of.

You need at least 40 buy ins for a SnG to play it otherwise you'll probably go bust. (I'm gonna assume PokerStrategy says 50 - that's a fair shout too.)

Now, I don't think it's fair they give you $50 and you go donk it off.

Anyways, because of the affiliate deals, they cap the limits you can play on until you have X amount of something.

Look under reason 2:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/william-hill/free50/
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      I'm also going to add that I don't care how amazing a player you are, because even Phil Ivey would go bust if he didn't follow bankroll managment.

It's kind of like putting your whole bankroll on a table and going all in with AA against KK. You're going to lose your entire bankroll 15% of the time.

So to sustain being a winning player, you need a bankroll that can sustain a few bad beats - hence cash games are 25 buy ins. SnGs 50, MTT - 200?

Sorry for being a bit blunt and rude, just the mood i'm in. Have fun and good luck at the tables :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Good morning Guys :)

@elesarrrr, as Toby mentioned it before, If you start playing poker with the $50 starting capital, you can only play beginners' limits initially:

- No Limit: $0.02/$0.04
      - Fixed Limit: $0.10/0.20
      - Sit and Go Tournaments: $1 Buy-in

Thank you for helping out guys :heart:

@ lynius, hope your mood is up now after a good night sleep.

Have a nice day guys
      Ingrid
    • lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      @ lynius, hope your mood is up now after a good night sleep.
      Well the exam went better than I thought it would :) I'll say that much. Summer begins soon and the so does the numerous hours of poker :D