Forex Trading

I assume that some or many Poker players are also interested in things like the stock market and forex trading. This is why im asking for help in the forums :) . I would like to learn about forex trading ( I know close to nothing about it). I have found decent sites like, but I dont like reading infront of a computer screen. I rather buy books and learn from books. Thus, can anyone recommend me some decent books to read to introduce the fundamental principals/basics of forex trading? I looked on amazon and omg.. there are soooo many books and I have no idea which ones are good and which ones are outdated. I dont want to end up reading a book like Super System and not knowing that it is completely outdated.

• 5 replies
    • chenny8888
      i've read some of this. but i'm not sure about the practical content. some other good players have recommended it also
    • VBZg

Was very interested in Forex a couple of years ago (and still are), so i did some exploring. Downloaded some pdf books, and find even 1 book in my native language. But for some reason in my country it s not legal, to make trade with it (think there was some scum case considering all this).

Anyway, think it takes a lot of work (like in poker), at least 1 year to start doing some good money from scratch (like in poker). So ye it is interesting, but like any business, depends what your goals are.

And it is highly risk enviroment (good mental attitude), you can look at it as between stocks and bounds, Forex is stocks and Stocks are bounds, but that is my opinion.
    • Sasa1234
      It is legal to trade forex (in croatia) from this or last year.
    • diane21
      Any attempt to trade without analysis and studying the market is equal to a game. Games are fun except when you lose real money... Allow at least 2 months for demo trading. It gives the bigger picture of market price movements and thus helps to clearly define the trend.Given below tips for forex formula.
      1-Create a solid trading plan.
      2-Stick to it.
      3-Keep an eye on your trades.
      4-Stay focused
    • delete461
      Forex is much, much harder to learn than poker. best places to learn imo: - will give you a general introduction to the basics of forex markets - go there and watch all their videos, it is a little more advanced than babypips
      forex factory - best forex message board, a lot of successful traders hang out there and happy to give advice to newbies

recommended books -
      Trade your way to financial freedom by Van Tharp, is usually regarded as the best book on forex trading.
      Trading in the zone by Mark Douglas, about the psychology of trading (the most important part)
      Way of the Turtle by Curtis Faith I am reading at the moment, it is a lot more advanced than the others but definitely my personal favorite.