This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Nl20 TT

• Alexd10
      Alexd10
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($19.80)
      BB ($15.18)
      Hero ($25.55)
      UTG+1 ($22.04)
      CO ($25.21)
      BTN ($21.30)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.80, fold, CO raises to $2, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.20

FLOP ($4.30) 7:heart: 8:spade: Q:club:

Hero checks, CO bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

TURN ($7.80) 7:heart: 8:spade: Q:club: 3:spade:

Hero checks, CO checks

RIVER ($7.80) 7:heart: 8:spade: Q:club: 3:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $5, CO raises to $14, Hero calls $9

Hero shows T:spade: T:diamond:
      (Pre 18%, Flop 3.3%, Turn 0.0%)

CO shows Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      (Pre 82%, Flop 96.7%, Turn 100.0%)

CO wins $34.01
  • 4 replies
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Any reads? If not just fold river.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      Without any reads there is realy not much to say. Might seem weak but I just fold preflop. I dont like calling any 3bets OOP. You raise from UTG and CO 3bets you, hes not bluffing that often.

Offcourse if hes a crazy fish, why not get it in?

Against somewhat decent player who's not a 3bet monkey, just fold.
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I think I agree with jachis.

Although as played I think we try to check it down. c/c the flop is fine, he checks back the turn. What is the purpose of betting here? We can't get value from anything, I don't think AK is calling here on A high, as we've already shown strength by calling preflop and on the flop, strength enough that it probably beats his A high. We also can't get villain off a hand that beats us. He's not folding AQ/QQ/KK/AA or even JJ. For these two reasons betting the river serves no purpose, we just fold out hands we beat such as AK and get called/raised by hands that beat us.

I just check/call the river here, because although A high folds to our bet, there's a good chance he tries to steal the pot on the river with it.

After the bet is raised though I fold.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      He would not turn AK into bluff that spot or shove with worse hands
      I don´t like betting out that much on the river, since it is hard him to call you with worse hands and likely I´d just c/c to get information what hands he is 3-betting and how he is playing them postflop to make better adjustments