[NL2-NL10] Bad beat day

• burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Hi,

today I had a really bad day at poker tables. I got sucked out with almost everything I played by very marginal hands, so I would need some confirmation of my game to keep on going... ...or to help me find leaks in my game if that's the reason for my bad beats. In most cases I'm sure it's bad luck(like AA beaten by 55 when both all-in preflop?( ), so I'm posting 2 hands that both got beaten and I'm not completely sure that I made correct play. Please let me know if anyone would play something differently.

1)Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

UTG+1 ($3.65)
      MP1 ($5.25)
      MP2 ($1.85)
      Hero ($2.15)
      Button ($10.40)
      SB ($4.25)
      BB ($8.30)
      UTG ($18.55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with , .
      UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.7, Button raises to $2.55, 2 folds, UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $1.45 (All-In).

Flop: ($4.75) , , (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($4.75) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.75) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $5.15

Results in white below:
      Hero has Qc Kd (two pair, kings and nines).
      Button has Ac As (two pair, aces and nines).
      Outcome: Button wins $5.15.

2)Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (8 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)

Hero ($2)
      UTG+1 ($5.95)
      MP1 ($9.05)
      MP2 ($3.25)
      CO ($6.05)
      Button ($1.95)
      SB ($2.35)
      BB ($10.15)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with , .
      Hero raises to $0.4, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $1, 4 folds, Hero raises to $2.4 (All-In), MP2 calls $1.

Flop: ($4.15) , , (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: ($4.15) (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($4.15) (2 players, 1 all-in)

Final Pot: $4.55

Results in white below:
      Hero has Jd Jh (one pair, jacks).
      MP2 has Kc Ks (one pair, kings).
      Outcome: MP2 wins $4.55.
  • 5 replies
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      Bad beat = http://www.pokerstrategy.com/glossary/Bad-Beat

you should get use to this it will happend many times
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      1. Hand,

here you have to fold after the reraise with KQo, its way to weak to stand against a re-raise.

2. Hand,

here as well you have to fold after the re-raise. You are raising from UTG, where you only raise a very few hands and still your opponent is re-raising you. He most likely will do that with AK, TT+. Your equity against his range is not +EV in the longrun, so just fold.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Thank you for your evaluation a lot. I think because of this I will improve my SSS a lot, since now I was playing according to the articles strictly and I made my calls/pushes because of proportion between my raise and my remaining stack, even if I had -EV. But as a beginner I didn't dare to doubt things written in articles. :rolleyes:
    • KillaKHAN
      KillaKHAN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Berliner1982
      1. Hand,

here you have to fold after the reraise with KQo, its way to weak to stand against a re-raise.

2. Hand,

here as well you have to fold after the re-raise. You are raising from UTG, where you only raise a very few hands and still your opponent is re-raising you. He most likely will do that with AK, TT+. Your equity against his range is not +EV in the longrun, so just fold.
      OP is right, this rating is correct, I mean I would auto fold KQo with that kind of raise but the SHC (along with the Stack:Raise Chart) says he needs to push.

But I think the basic problem with case #1 is that your push is acutally a call so you don't get the fold equity needed to make it a resonable push with the SSS?

#2 again he has acted with the Stack:Raise Chart. I think this was long term SSS profitable though.

I think #1 is a fold not due to the re-raise but due to the fact that the re-raiser put him allin. But again - he played according to the chart so you can't blame him to push in that situation.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      1)
      our pot odds here are 1.7:1 -> 1/2.7 = 37% pot equity.

To make our call profitable BU should have at least 33+, AJs+, AJo+ reraising range. Which I think is too loose and can`t be called average range, even on this limit. However, with KQs the minimum range is 77+, AJs+, AJo+ that is more likely to be true on average.

2) easy push for me (unless I am up against real short stack)

we have invested 4BB from our stack, our opponent raises 10BB. If we assume that we can`t make MP2 fold, then our pot odds are 24BB : 16BB = 1.5:1 -> 40% pot equity. The tightest average range here is TT+, AKs, AKo. we have 43% equity against it. But imo, even after our bet from UTG, reraise range will be looser on this limit.