[NL2-NL10] 1010 against unknown

• Watto77
      NL 25 SSS stack was $4.40

I read on a post that you can raise against unknown with certain hands. Does this only apply to BSS and is this hand an example?

Poker Stars
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
      9 players

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is SB with T T
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.5, Button folds, Hero folds, BB folds.
      Uncalled bets: $0.25 returned to CO.
  • 6 replies
    • frzl
      first of all: if you are not sure about something you should stick to the standard strategy (as you did)

- it´s a minraise, many (good) sss players see a minraise as a limp and reraise to 3 times the raise with hands they would raise from this position if there were only limpers. i agree with that and i think xylere does as well. you can fold of course if you have a good read/note that the guy minraises with monsters.

- if it would be a normal 3-5bb raise i would push all in after a CO (steal)-raise. TT is good enough here for me. but it´s not really necessary to do resteals at nl25 so stick to the shc. on the other hand you are gold so you can read the steals and resteals article yourself. if you don´t have pokertracker i think it´s ok to repush 99+ and AJ+ against an CO,BU,SB open raiser. quite tight so it should be ok

- TT is better than 1010 :)
    • abundance211
      Thanks frzl
    • Watto77
      Thanks frzl,

Even though I am rated gold I am going thru the articles slowly to make sure they sink in so I have only read the silver articles once and am really only playing under the 'basic and bronze' articles with some advanced SSS strategies from Xylere.
    • drachdudek
    • Berliner1982
      After the standard strategy its a raise to $2 here, since we handle minraises as limpers. ;)
    • xylere
      standard strategy says fold, but frzl explained it very well.