hey all....little bit about me

• illusionist09
      illusionist09
      Basic
      Hey guys obv im new to PokerStrategy.com, im 23 and come from NSW, Australia.
      Ive been playing poker for about 10yrs, i first started playing 5 card-draw with 5c/10s pieces lol =) with a few mates when we were in yr7 at high school... but for the most part ive been playing NL Holdem..... I've read a fair few books, online articles and watched loads of hrs of high stakes poker online, plus played 1000's of hrs at the table.... Over the last 4-5yrs ive mainly played live cash games at the $1/$2 level with the very occasional stab at $5/$5.... the past 5years has definitely been profitable, not quite sure how much as ive never kept a record..
      As for tournys id say id still be profitable, with my biggest cash being about $1500.....
      And lastly i think there is so much ppl can learn from this wondering game we play, not only the skiils to win $$$ and the table, but great skills from everyday life.. If theres anyone out there who thinks their game is flawless, look again... Poker is an ever changing game and the only way to consistently win is to be one step ahead of ur opponent.... so think on your feet, and bit sharp at all times =)

Anyways there's a lillte bit about me =P
      Look forward to chatting, discussing hards and trying to learn some new things =)

Cheers
      illusionist09
  • 5 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi illusionist09,

welcome to our community! nice to have a player like you on board.
      definitely some good advice you gave there. everyone still has room to improve in their poker game. it sounds like you are more experienced playing live. or have you been playing online as well?

we look forward to discussing and learning with you here. :D

smiles,
      wendy
    • illusionist09
      illusionist09
      Basic
      Thanks wendy :) yeah ive had much more experience playing live, however i still have played a little bit online, as i spose most players today have =P... but found im far more profitable live...
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ok cool. have you checked out our strategy articles and vids yet? maybe they will help you be as profitable online.
      oh btw have you done the quiz already?
    • illusionist09
      illusionist09
      Basic
      Just did the quiz and failed miserably lol.... sorry to sound a bit rude but i think most of the questions are very circumstantial, and have more then one right answer depending on a number of things
      *your playing style
      *your table image
      *type of players yu are against
      *the stake yu are playing and relative stacks

and no i havent had a look at any of the strategy articles or vids yet, but i most definitely will =)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      lol. no offense taken at all. it is just that they are made for beginners/microstakes and use the standard/basic betsizings. in my belief, they do not take table dynamics and all those other things you mentioned into account yet. it may seem overbasic for a player who's already spent many years on the game. but trust me, if you take a peek at the articles associated with the quiz, i have no doubt you will ace the test. :D it's really your choice whether you will follow them afterwards or if you will apply more advanced strategies. (the strategy articles gets deeper and more complicated for our members with higher status as you will hopefully find out someday)