flush possibility

• cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      Hi everyone I am quite new here :) )
      I have A 7 s of diamond and the board is K :diamond: 9 :club: 2 :diamond: , with 2 diamond cards :diamond: . I bet the pot and a guys go all inn... I guess he hit a set or he had AKo. what would you do in this case? how many chances do you have to hit a flush? and if he had a set of 2 for example he still have possibility to make a full house. how will you handle this situation? will you risk to call all inn with a just a possibility of flush and not even a small pair? thanks
  • 4 replies
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      against set you have 24.65%

against AK you have 36.26%

against KQ you have 44.95% ( But I don't know if he is going broke with that)

You can download Equity Lab and calculate this hand, and other hands too.

And I would reccomend getting at least Bronze status and reading Bronze articles. There are a lot of info about mathematics of poker.

1st of all, you shouldn't bet pot, you should bet 2/3 of pot or a little bigger than 2/3 (two thirds) of pot.

And if you are pot comitted you go broke. You can say if you are pot commited by seeing amount you need to call and pot size.

If pot is 4$ and you need to call 1$ you allways go broke as you need only 25% equity or so.

If pot is 4$ and you need to call 3$ you should fold as you don't get right odds to win in long term.

But for real, you should try to dodge these situations where you have to go broke with flusdraw only.
    • cekpirus88
      cekpirus88
      Bronze
      hi thanks :) how do you reach the bronze? I have registered in the poker room but still waiting for the bonus :) )) :s_cool:
    • pavels4444
      pavels4444
      Bronze
      once you get the bonus, you will be bronze

concerning your flush question ... we would need to know the stack sizes and how much was already in the pot. Saruniks did a good job writing down the percentages ... sometimes you might have enough equity to call even against a set ...

yh, and you hit your flush about 1/3 of a time
    • Saruniks
      Saruniks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cekpirus88
      hi thanks :) how do you reach the bronze? I have registered in the poker room but still waiting for the bonus :) )) :s_cool:
      yeah, just get 50$ starting capital, or get Deposit bonus and earn 1strategy point.