This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS AJ suited

• enorman
      enorman
      Bronze
      I'm trying to follow short stack rules fairly closely, but I know that we can't just follow them like robots, either. I was playing .05/.10 No Limit Hold Em, and I was in the middle position right next to the late position. I got dealt AJ suited and couldn't resist so I limped in (even though SSS says to fold with AJ in middle position). Ended up with a flush draw on flop and then played it as a draw hand as if I'd made a preflop raise. Result was winning a $6.15 pot after going all-in with a $2 stack with a couple of opponents. Is this kind of deviation wise? I notice that your SSS starting hands chart does not differentiate between suited and unsuited hole cards, I figure the suited AJ justified a play even though I wasn't in position...
  • 3 replies
    • Incog
      Incog
      Bronze
      If u want to play AJs on MP3, u might consider raising it, since u get fold equity and it will make ur play alot easier on the flop. If u get a reraise u know where u are, and a call might indicated a bigger Ace. kinda tough!
    • JovanS
      JovanS
      Bronze
      Is this corect EV play and should he raise? Why is that there are no diference between suited and offsuited cards acording to SHC?
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      as always: if you are not sure: stick to the shc ^^

personally i often raise AQs from utg+2 and AJs from mp3 but to limp it is just bullshit ;)