Consequences of killing a dog

• Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      Unusual topic, isn't it?

We all know that for playing successful poker, sleep is an important part. You cannot concentrate very well if you are tired, or sleepy to begin with. The majority of the people have what is considered a "normal" life, being awake between 7 in the morning to 10 in the evening. But there are also people who work late, or at night, and who have to sleep in the mornings.

I am such a person. I'm on a sort of night watch, and I hardly ever get to sleep before 4 - 4:30 in the morning. But lately, there are two elder (not old old) and rather ugly women (housewives I guess) who are being dragged around by two dogs half their size. I've never seen them before, so they must have moved here lately, and I don't really know where exactly they live (or else this topic would already be useless...). I know this because I was once up on my own and saw them briefly.

The problem is, that especially one of the dogs, a Labrador or a Golden Retriever (I don't know, I hate dogs in general), is almost CONSTANTLY yapping when they walk past. And being such a big dog, you can imagine that it's rather loud. I'm usually a sound sleeper, but whenever those two c*nts walk past, and when another dog is close, or, even worse, when a car drives past, that stupid beast goes into a real frenzy. That's a pretty clear sign that it has never been properly trained.

This year alone, they already woke me up over a dozen times. This week, they managed to wake me up FOUR times. Monday once, Tuesday once, and today even TWICE. And every time it's almost exactly 9 AM, so I hardly had 4 hours of sleep by then. I managed to fall asleep again today, probably because I'm so exhausted already, but sure enough, a bit over an hour later, the yapping came back.

Right now, I'm steaming as you can imagine. They are lucky that I'm a rather slow waker, and are gone by the time I could actually do anything. But I'm at a point now where I'm willing to set my alarm at 8:30, get up and dressed, and then wait downstairs with a large knife in my hand.

So, does anybody know what the consequences are for killing a public nuisance? I'm honestly willing to spend a week or two in prison, or pay a 1000€ fine, if that means I can finally sleep again in peace. With enough sleep and patience, I should make these daily on the poker tables in a while, so it would be an investment into my future.

Any ideas?
  • 68 replies
      Bronze
      'Maybe try to poison them? That way you can avoid consequences' - is what my friend said just after I read him your post.
    • damaincontender
      damaincontender
      Bronze
      dude...u think dogs have it good with all our human inventions and construction sites and traffic and all these baaad loud noises?
      no...try to reverse roles and see wether it should be the dog waiting for us with the knife...no it will most likely wag its tail and be friendly...he may be loud but he is mans best friend,,, there must be another way to solving ur problem other than having to kill an innocent animal
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Maybe instead of waiting with a knife you could wait for them with a cup of tea and have a nice pleasant conversation with them and try to come to a mutually agreeable solution.

PS: I sincerely hope you are kidding.
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      The problem with your plan is that they could just get another dog.
    • Drakhor
      Drakhor
      Bronze
      This morning, there was some heavy fog, so I guess that made them stay at home. At the very least I finally got some sleep again and feel way better. :)

And no, I wasn't kidding. I've been living here for over 30 years now, and it has always been a very quiet place. I'm not a very social person, but all my immediate neighbours know about my daily (or should I say nightly?) life, and avoid making any noise before noon. After all, I do keep an eye on their houses as well at night, and there hasn't been any burglary in the past decade, no car thefts, no vandalism. I live close to the french border (unfortunately), and it's a sad fact that there are a lot of juvenile criminals in the area. A friend of mine who lives half a km away from me has been the prey of a break-in while they were at his brother's wedding, go figure. :rolleyes:

But the idea with the knife is too messy anyway. Poison sounds good, but I can't feed it to them when they walk past, can I? But maybe I should just jump into my car and reverse "accidently", running over the mutt. I mean, after all, these things happen when you're tired, no? :O
    • Oleyy1
      Oleyy1
      Bronze
      get urself proper sound-proof double glazed windows or earplugs.

i will refrain from commenting any further cause it might seem offensive....
    • undercover82
      undercover82
      Bronze
      I think if you kill the dog in such a manner , the legal consequences will probably be a lot bigger than what you described. Animal rights organisations would try to rape you , and people in your neighborhood would most likely despise you.
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      You could just spend the 1000€ on ear shells? I heard you can get some pretty decent ones for that price...
    • ccookie
      ccookie
      Bronze
      I second ear shells. Or maybe you are not sleeping that well. If you are stressed (work, poker losses, whatever), it's better to deal with that, dogs are not the real problem. Maybe you need some kind of sleeping pills. My wife prefers a joint before going to bed to sleep better. Anything that helps.

Making noise at 9AM is hardly illegal anywhere. (Even if excessive noise is not allowed, it normally should go on for some time before it's illegal.)

So those people are within their rights to walk their dogs. You cannot really expect that all neighborhood adjust their habits to suit you. But you can probably wake up early, go an talk to those ladies nicely, maybe they agree to change their route so that they are not disturbing you. Those people may be nice even if their dogs are oh so bad.

If they don't agree (and that's ok), accept that and use ear shells or other sleeping helpers.
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze

:D
    • prinstripe
      prinstripe
      Bronze
      For me there are several best options:

1) Try to talk with the owner, (if it will not work)

2) Try to report that one to authority, (if there is no action)

3) Just move to a new place where there are no dogs, (or a phrase)

4) "Don't kill the fruit kill the roots" (a bad one),

Finally, all you need to do is to be a law-abiding citizen (the most important).
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze

Sweet dreams are made of these.
    • jakes82
      jakes82
      Bronze
      I do mean to sound offensive! you are clearly an uneducated individual...or just an asshole. Act like a human being for f#ck's sake. It wouldn't bother me in the least if I heard that you fell down the stairs carrying the knife and stabbed yourself in the face several times. But to hear you even THINK of hurting a dog...I wanna kill you know just thinking about it...

Get a life you f#cking loser...no one thinks you are cool for tough talking a dog. Its people like you that are the sh*t stain on the underpants of society. You make me sick.
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      The fact that you would publicly admit to doing such a horrible thing makes me sick to my stomach but more so makes me feel very sad for you, you should seriously consider getting some help.

GO TALK TO SOMEONE!!!!

Maybe moving into somewhere with a padded room would help solve your problems.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      dont be so uptight guys, its just a dog. We eat cows everyday, and slaughter thousends of them each day, and now one dog is bad? Pfff, hypocrisy...
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      ². But I doubt he is fully serious anyway. Don't have a cow...or dog.
    • deathace
      deathace
      Bronze
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      dont be so uptight guys, its just a dog. We eat cows everyday, and slaughter thousends of them each day, and now one dog is bad? Pfff, hypocrisy...
      You're not gonna eat the dog though...
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      It is the moral dilema that is raised. To kill a cow for food is one thing, to kill a dog cause you cant sleep is another. That is like comparing apples and oranges. Now if you went out and killed your neighbors cow cause the mooing woke you up in the morning (or the rooster for that matter) I would question the morals behind that.

To take any life without necessity is wrong, there are always more peaceful logical routes to take.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Originally posted by deathace
      Originally posted by helemaalnicks
      You're not gonna eat the dog though...
      Says who? :D