Finally making my way up :)

• ArnoldtheClive
      ArnoldtheClive
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I started playing online at the end of last year and ended up messing around for a good 6 months. At one point my starting $50 was at $13. It was then i decided it was time to concentrate and play properly. Since then, I've made great progress in the last few months. I've been concentrating on good bankroll management, and I've managed to get to $330 playing NL10.

Looking forward to moving up to NL20!

So am i getting better or can this happen by pure luck?

Thanks in advance for any feedback
  • 9 replies
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      Sounds like your getting the hang of it to me :P

Good work :P

Roo
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      You must be doing something right! Sadly this could also just be a common case of FOAH (fish on a heater) but even if this is the case, I'm sure there's some solid fundamentals being excerised, too.

If you gave us your sample size # and your EV adjusted graph, it would be easier to guesstimate for you.

Best of luck at 20NL.
    • vmarqui
      vmarqui
      Bronze
      good luck! i started like you, at one moment i only had $9 in my account. now i play nl100 :)
    • ArnoldtheClive
      ArnoldtheClive
      Bronze
      Thanks for the positive feedback guys!

How can i export my graph from PT3? If someone can tell me how to do that i'll be more than happy to post up my progress. Thanks in advance.
    • ArnoldtheClive
      ArnoldtheClive
      Bronze

That's my graph there. I only recently started using PT3 so it doesn't have my full hand history on there. I'm up to 340 dollars now :) .

As you can see theres a good downswing there (which caused me to tilt a bit as well) but I managed to recover and make additional gains.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      The graph is deffo going in the right direction :P

Roo
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      EV adjusted?
      Nice graph though :tongue:
    • ArnoldtheClive
      ArnoldtheClive
      Bronze
      I seem to have worked out what an EV adjusted graph is:

From what I can see, My EV adjusted graph is higher in several points and generally closely approximates my earnings graph. I'd say this means im not just running crazy well?

The downswing on the graph must be me tilting? As the all-in EV line drops as well? Would be wonderful if someone could give their thoughts on my graph :)

My bankroll is on $375 now. Had a very profitable day yesterday. I play on FT so I'm getting a $50 bonus within a week so that will help me push over 400.

If anyone has any advice or any questions I would be more than willing to answer.
    • Reaching4Zen
      Reaching4Zen
      Bronze
      Solid graph :] Although just to clear a few misconceptions up: Just because you're not under/over EV it doesnt mean you're running good/running bad. For example you could just be running into the top of people's ranges (Villain has range of A2o - AA in X instance, you shove with KK knowing you'll get called with a lot worse, and he flips over AA). On the other hand, you could also be running hot with your card and hitting draws/TPTK/hitting sets when villains have 2P etc etc.

bottom line: The EV line isn't a solid indicator of running good & running bad.

GL at the tables!