[NL20-NL50] Sh 40 SH river desicion with a set

• gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Hello.
      Stats of the villain: - VPIP: 26, PFR: 8, 3B: 0, AF: 1.9, Hands: 129.
      Have no sample of hands so no reads too:( . Looks like calling station type of player. I planned to shove any river card but somehow checked it and felt really screwed when he put his rest of the stack in the middle.
      Not sure if he is likely to check behind his lower sets and half of the stack was in the pot really ugly situation. Is this clear check-fold spot for you?
      Thanks.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.40 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($56.77)
      Button ($63.96)
      SB ($56.85)
      BB ($15.07)
      Hero (UTG) ($40)
      MP ($41.60)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q, Q
      Hero bets $1.60, 2 folds, Button calls $1.60, SB calls $1.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.20) 3, 2, 10 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $5, Button calls $5, 1 fold

Turn: ($15.20) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $10.80, Button calls $10.80

River: ($36.80) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $46.56 (All-In), Hero calls $22.60 (All-In)

Total pot: $82
  • 3 replies
    • lolofon
      lolofon
      Bronze
      river shove imo, he is likely to play all his sets & QT,Q9s + other stuff you beat this way, so i definitely won't let him take a free showdwon with hand like AQ/KQ/QJ which might also easily stackoff.
    • gonepoker
      gonepoker
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lolofon
      river shove imo, he is likely to play all his sets & QT,Q9s + other stuff you beat this way, so i definitely won't let him take a free showdwon with hand like AQ/KQ/QJ which might also easily stackoff.
      Thanks for your opinion, originally my thoughts were the same. If we check he check back worse hands but if we bet he might call with them:)
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lolofon
      +1
      since you´re going to c/c anyway then better just shove yourself
      Although against some aggro players c/c might be better option since they would sometimes turn some showdown value into bluffs