[NL2-NL10] NL25 AJs on turn

• darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed)
      CO ($10.95)
      Button ($25)
      SB ($23.35)
      BB ($16.75)
      UTG ($27)
      UTG+1 ($17.40)
      MP1 ($27.70)
      MP2 ($41.85)
      Hero ($11)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, J.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.85, CO calls $0.85, 3 folds.

Flop: ($2.05) 5, 6, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.3, CO calls $1.30.

Turn: ($4.65) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25.

River: ($7.15) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.15, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $7.15
      -----------------------------------

OK i use the SSS strategy, here Im just waiting for the BB to come before i quit, and as the button is extremely tight player(he doubled me up last hand- AA vs AK), I raise from MP3 on a pot with no limpers.Villan is unknown and calls.On the flop i do my continuation bet,he calls again.On turn a nutflush draw comes out for me,and i decide to check, he is betting 1.25$ in a 4.65$ pot.Did i make mistake by check/calling? Im also interested to know what hand do you put him on - low set/KQ/AK/weaker? ( he later prooved not to be a fish, so i exclude calling preflop with 78 etc...
      thank you in advance
  • 3 replies
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      you you aren´t sure about postflop play you should definately fold AJ preflop after you doubled up.
      as played you have to call the turn bet.

it´s hard to put him on a hand because they just call with anything. he could have overcards, a pocketpair, a set, A6, 7x...
    • factorIR
      factorIR
      Bronze
      This raise PF is actually correct with BSS. But you must know what to do postflop. I play AJs from MP also when playing short to mix my game. But if and only if table is very tight.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by frzl
      you you aren´t sure about postflop play you should definately fold AJ preflop after you doubled up.
      as played you have to call the turn bet.

it´s hard to put him on a hand because they just call with anything. he could have overcards, a pocketpair, a set, A6, 7x...