[NL2-NL10] Veriz seems overworked!

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      So many hands posted and seemingly only one person to judge them. How do you cope Veriz?

Tell you what, heres another hand;

Full Tilt Poker $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $3.34
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $2.15
      UTG+1: $2.87
      UTG+2: $5.22
      MP1: $3.08
      MP2: $1.75
      Hero (CO): $5.09
      BTN: $10.35

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is CO with 5 :club: 4 :club:
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, 1 fold, SB calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.45) 7 :club: T :spade: K :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32, SB folds

Turn: ($1.09) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($1.09) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Unsure what he has but I suspect a med strength hand or draw that can fold to a turn or river bet or will it? How much should I bet and on which street?
  • 7 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Will judge some hands as I just moved up to NL25 (Veriz, one less person for you to judge, thanks for the evals!)

Do you have any stats on villain?

Against pretty much every opponent I'm betting the turn for around $.80 when checked to here. I think your hand is strong enough given that there are plenty of K's in your range plus you have a flush and gutshot. Its hard to put the BB on a range without stats but you're probably going to fold out some tens from his range with a bet here and if not you can reevaluate on the river with position.

On this river card my line would be dependent on your opponent but as played I don't think you can represent much so checking is probably best option.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Veriz was on vacation for a day. :D We had mid summernight here. :) But now back in track.

But about the hand it seems to be fine. Would rather as well take the free card on turn.

Best regards.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Lol, I just thought it looked like a lot of hands for just one person to judge :)

Hope your midsommers night was good!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nope, till there ain't like 10k posts per month I am not complaining. :D

And mid-summer night was great, a lot of meat and alcohol. :pokerface: Thanks!
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      why are you calling on flop ? to float or to catch flush?
      In example if opponent have range like KT,Kj,jj,tt,99,T9o ...
      equity shows ~34,76% for 45s and ~65% for opponent.
      pot odds you are getting - 32/77 = ~41% - that means you have to win in about 41% so this call would be profitable but you are getting only 34,7% ... so if you are not planning to bluff and take pot down on later streets isn't your play already wrong ?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      pot odds you are getting - 32/77 = ~41% - that means you have to win in about 41% so this call would be profitable but you are getting only 34,7% ... so if you are not planning to bluff and take pot down on later streets isn't your play already wrong ?
      If you hit your flush. Do you expect to get something like $0,51? The implied odds are exactly that. And if you even get more the bigger profit you make in long run.

Of course we have a small flushdraw and that might be the main reason why I would prefer just to fold vs his line. But while we opened such a hand and don't know the opponent it's still profitable I guess.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Originally posted by sausage646
      epic

and i might jam river, as villain range is very much capped and he'll fold

other option is betting 4bb or 6bb or something, an amount you think will make him fold air