[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush flopped set. Value line?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Full Tilt Poker $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $1.95
      UTG+2: $5.29
      MP1: $1.95
      MP2: $2.27
      CO: $4.84
      BTN: $2.03
      Hero (SB): $12.55
      BB: $5.30
      UTG: $4.72

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with 7 :club: 7 :heart:
      UTG calls $0.05, 6 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 1 fold, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.55) A :club: J :diamond: 7 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.35) Q :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.85, UTG folds

Wondering If a bluff induce might be on the table here. Rush players seem quite bluffy and so far havn't called me down massively light so I should trap him?
  • 6 replies
    • Millsyuk
      Millsyuk
      Bronze
      Would bet around a dollar on the river, if he calls he calls, if not nice hand.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Rather bet it bigger on turn. And I wouldn't really let him bluff-induce unless I know the opponent better.

Best regards.
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      i wouldn't raise pre here without stats. EP FR limping ranges aren't loose enough imo.

why would you consider float-catching without thinking about villain's range? or did you mean mini-betting?

anyway, if you think about his range, he pretty much can't bluff...
      you could just C/R for value, but villain is very passive, and the hands that he would definately bet are quite often ahead of 77.

and why would you take into consideration the fact that you haven't been called down lightly much?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Don't know. I like the raise preflop. :) It's Rush ain't it? You can easily make people fold postflop while they play fit-fold easily. And even if they don't we still have the chance to hit great and gain a lot value from him. Most likely he may even be on worse PPs with his limping range and we are already ahead of his range.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      i wouldn't raise pre here without stats. EP FR limping ranges aren't loose enough imo.

why would you consider float-catching without thinking about villain's range? or did you mean mini-betting?

anyway, if you think about his range, he pretty much can't bluff...
      you could just C/R for value, but villain is very passive, and the hands that he would definately bet are quite often ahead of 77.

and why would you take into consideration the fact that you haven't been called down lightly much?
      A)
      You don't want to play 77 OOP vs an EP L/C? Its a potentially weak spot but I think Veriz may be right about a certain fit/fold approach from a lot of players on this limit. You do also hit a set 1 in 7.8 or 8.6 times or whatever it was too :p

B)
      I was wondering if I should minibet induce or whether I could get the money in better vs Ax if I C/R'd.

I said villains don't seem to have called me down too lightly because it narrows the range of hands I can get a call out of. My reasoning was that if these players get aggro at any sign of weakness then maybe I can get some more money out of a wider range of hands than would otherwise call me and it would be more +EV..... You disagree with my ramblings?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yep, I do agree that sometimes even I would Check/Raise it but mainly for that I must have a reason. For example having some previous action with the opponent, knowing that he is capable of floating light and maybe even had some 3bet/4bet action with him. He may still be on some 2pair type of hand or even 1pair which is DEFINITELY going to pay us. But if you Check/Raise the turn, do you think he will continue with weak Ax hands? But at the same time he might even level himself at some spots like hitting 2pair on river to raise himself and so on.

Mainly really depends on the player. And as we had preflop discussion. You wont play any2 hands against unknown player. But you can play any2 hands against known player and if you know that you can play them profitable. Best option of course for example with the JTo hand or whatsoever like Q2o hand is to Check yourself in your tracker how you doing with those type of hands from specific positions and then if you doing great then you can easily play them profitable. And if not then just exclude them. That's how I do that. Or either way I for example do post-session analyzes I do take a notepad and take the hand and situations how I did play there and look if I can change something in my play in future so I will be able to play the hand profitable and if I still wont be able to do it then I'd just rather tighten up.

Hopefully it did help. I really do like discussing the hands and stuff but not from such an approach that I need to fight over it who has the right. Of course if you can bring me your view and even good explanations like math and stuff and you can change my mind which is definitely possible. Nobody is perfect! Everyone can do and write wrong his evaluations. I am not a robot. :D And now and then can still happen that I do catch some small mistakes or mis-reads. But I have taught myself to avoid them.