WSOP 2011 Live Ticker: Event 42 - $10,000 Pot Limit Omaha Championship

• 57 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      BongBob, Nazgul, Tsubi, Bokkie and Thorsten77 will be playing here.

Our new English video producer/blogger Jens Kyllonen will also be making his first WSOP appearance (he just turned 21 this tear) in this event.

you can check out his blog here
    • neelton
      neelton
      Bronze
      Gief TT picture please! :f_p: (Check if he's not wearing a traditional Scottish skirt or something!)
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Originally posted by neelton
      Gief TT picture please! :f_p: (Check if he's not wearing a traditional Scottish skirt or something!)
      Gief TT?
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      akia, BongBob, Jens Kyllonen, and Bokkie are all on the same table

Thorsten77

Tsubi

Nazgul

BongBob

Bokkie

Jens Kyllonen

akia
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze

Jens Kyllonen & akia
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      get a picture of TwiceT playing pls
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze

Twice T

No Kilt though, just jeans.

He lost a side bet and has to wear the nice hoodie.

Scott Clemens commented "Nice colour!"
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      aww, i thought that his sidebet would be alot more extreme
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze

BongBob, Bokkie, Jens Kyllonen & akia

BongBob & Bokkie

Nothig too much happening so far, we're still early in the event.

Tsubi played a big hand with the player on his left.

Tsubi opened, villain called.

Flop 9 K 6, Tsubi c-bet, villain called

Turn T Tsubi check called

River 9 Tsubi check raised and villain called with Q T 9 5, Tsubi mucked

Some of the notables I saw on our players' tables

Thorsten - Vanessa Selbst
      Nazgul - Jeff Sarwer, Joao Barbosa, Chau Giang
      Tsubi - Ben Lamb, Jorge Arias
      TwiceT - Scott Clemens
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      They just finished the first 2 level and a break

Blinds now 100/200

Thorsten77 5k+2r
      Tsubi 8.5k
      Nagul 5.5k+2r
      BongBob 6.5k+2r
      Jens Kyllonen 17k+2r
      Bokkie 12k+2r
      TwiceT 15k+2r
      akia 35k+r
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Nothing too interesting in terms of hands, but there have been some stupid dealers. That's pretty poor from the WSOP considering that this is a $10k Championship event.

Blinds are now 150/300

Thorsten77 6k+r
      Tsubi 16k
      Nazgul 16.5k
      BongBob 9k+2r
      akia 35k+r
      Jens Kyllonen 15k+2r
      Bokkie 7k+2r
      TwiceT 45k

(each r is worth 10k)

On Tsubi's table, his dealer doesn't know how to count pot, and also doesn't know how to give change. I wasn't to sure about the pot counting situation, but the players were already steaming.

At the end of the same hand, one player was all in for 3,825, another calls, throwing in a 5k chips.

The dealer had to make change (1,175). Guess what he did? He asked the player who put in the 5k to put in another 225, and then he gave the guy 2k back. (That's only 3,225 by my count).

He was corrected by the players, but refused to admit his mistake and was arguing with the guy who called the all in.

Player: "Have you ever dealt this game before?"
      Update from 1 hour ago:

Dealer: "Have you ever played this game before?"
      Player: "No, but I know how to count."

On BongBob and Bokkie's table, it was less serious but still a mistake by the dealer.

One player bets by throwing all his chips (that's a pot sized bet in PLO), and then akia repots is by going all in, they were heads-up and villain shows his cards.

(The dealer forgot to ask now if the original bettor wanted to call akia's repot or not. Usually from what I've seen, when someone put all his chips in, it would also mean that he is calling everything else as well)

akia won the hand and the dealer pulled all of the player's chips to akia and now is when the trouble starts.

The player asked: "I never said call, shouldn't it be just a pot sized bet? I should get some chips back"

Nothing can be done now, considering that the cards have been mucked and the chips are already in akia's stack. Nobody knew what the bets actually were.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Blinds are 200/400 now

Thorsten77 10k
      Tsubi 15k
      Nazgul busto
      akia 60k
      BongBob 21k
      Jens Kyllonen 27k
      Bokkie 35k
      Twicet 50K

Nazgul was sent to the rails by Chau Giang in the last break. Chau opened CO and Nazgul called in BU with A Q 5 6ds

Flop Q Q 2 Chau c-bet, Nazgul raises, Chau goes all in and Nazgul calls for about12.5k (150/300). Chau showed Q 9 8 7 rainbow

River 8 and Chau makes the full house.

BongBob played a small pot with BongBob, BongBob had middle set, but Bokkie sucked out to make a straight.

akia busted a player on his table.

villain pots, akia repots wirh K K 5 3, villain calls for 1/3 of hit stack with JTxx

Flop J T 4 akia puts villain all in and he calls.

Turn Q

River Q and akia makes the better two pair.

I spoke to TwiceT at the last break
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      The payouts:

1st $814,436
      2nd $503,173
      3rd $369,575
      4th $273,575
      5th $204,113
      6th $153,517
      7th $116,359
      8th $88,873
      9th $68,410
      10th-12th $53,072
      13th-15th $41,637
      16th-18th $32,644
      19th-27th $25,891
      28th-36th $20,699
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Tsubi, Thorsten77 and BongBob all busted in the last level.

Blinds are 250/500 now

akia 61k
      Bokkie 28k
      Jens Kyllonen 33k
      TwiceT 45k

Tsubi was busted by Ben Lamb. Lamb made it 3k, and Tsubi called.

Flop K 9 5, they got it all in with K Q T 6 vs A A K 4

Turn and river 9 and 3

------------------------------------------------

Thorsten77 was busted by Vanessa Selbst. Thorsten raised Q Q T x and Vanessa called with K 9 x x.

Flop K T 9 rainbow, Thorsten pot with not much left behind, Selbst tanked and repotted to put Thorsten all in. Thorsten called.

The turn and river bricked.

---------------------------------

Thorsten also told me how he busted his first two stacks. In the first, there was a raise and two called and Thorsten put in more than 1/2 his stack after potting with A A K T, one called.

Flop K 7 5 villain pots and Thosten puts in the rest of his first stack.

Villain showed A J 7 5 and hit the 7 on the turn, the river thenvbricked for Thorsten.

For the second stack, one limp, Selbst raise, BU 3-bet, Thorsten goes all in with A K K T suited to the A, Selbst folded and BU called with A A 5 5.

No help for Thorsten and he lost his second stack

----------------------------

BongBob first lost a hand to Bokkie. One limp, BongBob raised and Bokkie potted, BongBob called.

Flop T 6 2 BongBob checked, Bokkie potted and BongBob folded.

BongBob then busted in the next hand with A K J 3 .

The money went in on a flop of J 8 6 and villain had a set with 8 8 x x

Turn K

River bricked
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Bokkie has also busted in the last level after two big hands with JC Tran.

In their first confrontation, Tran raised with 887x and Bokkie pot with AAJJ ds. Tran called.

Flop K 8 7 rainbow Bokkie c-bet 5.1k, Tran called

Turn 7 Bokkie bets 8.5k, Tran called

River 2 Bokkie checked, Tran made a tiny 8k bet, Bokkie made the reluctant call.

"he bet so small"

Then before he busted, Bokkie played a hand against another villain. villain raised in CO and Bokkie pot with A 7 9 9 , CO called

Flop A Q 9 CO checks, Bokkie bets and CO called.

In the next hand someone raised in UTG, one called, Bokkie 3-bet withA A 5 3 ss and Tran flat called in BU with K Q J 4 .

Flop T 4 3 Bokkie bets, Tran puts him all in and Bokkie called.

Tran: "I hope you don't have the flush draw"

tran hit the flush on the turn and Bokkie's hand was dead.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      blinds going up to 400/800. one last level to play.

TwiceT 90k
      Jens Kyllonen 45k
      FA_Morgoth 45k

Saw TwiceT pick up two big pots. In the first, James Akenhead bet out 10.5k on a 3 way flop from CO, TwiceT 3-bet all in from the button, SB folds and Akenhead folded. I didn't see the hand preflop, but they must have been a 3-bet.

In the next, TwiceT busted a shortie with top set vs 2 pair all in on the flop
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      blinds going up to 400/800. one last level to play.

TwiceT 90k
      Jens Kyllonen 45k
      FA_Morgoth 45k

Saw TwiceT pick up two big pots. In the first, James Akenhead bet out 10.5k on a 3 way flop from CO, TwiceT 3-bet all in from the button, SB folds and Akenhead folded. I didn't see the hand preflop, but they must have been a 3-bet.

In the next, TwiceT busted a shortie with top set vs 2 pair all in on the flop

akia was sent to the rails by the same guy who busted BongBob. It was a huge over 100k pot and akia was "too tilted to repeat the hand again"
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      from pokernews:

We walked passed where Vanessa Selbst is sitting and noticed that Men "The Master" Nguyen had been re-located to her immediate left. Nguyen brought up a hand that apparently occurred between them in a Pot-Limit Omaha event some time in the past where, according to Nguyen, Selbst was as a slight underdog and busted him. Nguyen then told Selbst not to bring the hand up and Selbt said that she wasn't the one who brought it up in the first place.

Robert Mizrachi was at the table to Selbst's right and defended her, saying something to the effect of treating her with respect.

Nguyen then turned to him and said, "She is not a woman," gesturing towards Selbst as if to point out for Mizrachi to take a look at her.

Selbst, obviously offended and shocked by the comment, turned to Nguyen and said, "You're an a****le."

"I know I'm an a****le," Nguyen said.

Selbst then asked the floor to give Nguyen a penalty for his behavior. The floorman verbally warned Nguyen, but no penalty was given.

Nguyen continued to argue with both Selbst and Mizrachi before Matt Glantz began to interject. Glantz was seated at an adjacent table and tried explaining to Nguyen that he was out of line and needed to just sit down and keep his mouth shut, defending Selbst just as Mizrachi was. Eventually, Nguyen sat back in his seat behind his beer and went on to the next hand.
      What a douche
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      shiiiip it TT