Should i quit?

• l66
      l66
      Bronze
      HI i started playing poker this summer. If i look my deposits and payouts in from my account i can see that i have deposited about 550$ and payed out like little less than 400$. I have had IN my account like 2 times over 100$ what i didint payed out just wanted to collect more.... but unfortunely i lost that also...... but at the moment i dont see any point playng poker online..... maybe with friends and some small live events.... I think i have some skills but nothing special. Why should i play if i dont win . Yes i know that like half a year isn't long time to be a pro or smth:P but i dont like lose more than i win. Hope u can understand my point and sry for poor english:P . If u have any adwises i'd like to hear:)
  • 7 replies
    • LickyRude
      LickyRude
      Bronze
      Just play to enjoy it then.

I personally play poker firstly because money is involved, and thus it makes it more interesting. But this same feeling can be created by playing at the 1c - 2c tables.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi l66!

If you are a losing player I recommend to reread our articles, post hands in the sample hands forum, watch coachings and videos to improve your game. If you don't want to work on your game I strongly recommend to quit!

Best regards,
      Puschkin81
    • sw0ldo
      sw0ldo
      Bronze
      get some poker books.
      possibly change from cash games to sng/MTT.

If you are enjoying it enough you should be able to put in the effort to become a good player.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i was exactly like you i lost my bankroll 5-7 times i thought in was playing good and im good but i didn't play. 9999999 ppl told me to post sample hands and watch videos but i ignore them and after i lost another bankroll i was so mad that i lost it again and i started re-re-re reading all the articles and watched all the videos and the most important thing is i started posting hands and made comments on other the result = i got $14 form a friend and now i have $64 with the SSS

i think that the most important factor its self-discipline in poker
    • muhkLionu
      muhkLionu
      Bronze
      Actually there is so little to do to become a winning player.

I also started to play lately - in september last year. Before that I didnt knew even what card rank is higher flush or full house. I still never red any book, I never posted any hands. All my poker knowledge based on articles and videos provided by this site (great thanks to them!).

For now I'm playing about 30k-40k hands per month (I dont know exactly, because I dont have pokertracker also). My bankroll is over 900$. Maybe for someone it is not big but for me as beginner it is good enough. There are days when I loose 40$..50$ but also there days with 50$..100$ profit.

I wonder what will happen if I'll take this game more seriously (buy and read some book at least or starting to analyze my game)?

I learned that the toughest opponent at the table are myself. If I can beat me I can win. Patient and discipline is the magic words. Skills will come with time.

And another reason to not quit: you are my referred friend . I'm really hope you reach 5000 points. :)

Good luck!

EDIT:

Bankroll development
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      @muhkLionu

where can i get a graph like that?
    • muhkLionu
      muhkLionu
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vladnz