Begginer objective

• mihainsts
      Hey i am a beginner at poker, started studying at but im a bit confused.

I want to make an objective:Want reach 90k hand in month or so but ere is my dilemma how do i count thoose hands, do i calculate all the hand that are dealt while im at the table? or only the ones i am invovled in.
  • 3 replies
    • roopopper
      Hello and welcome to ps :P

If you fold a hand preflop, I would say you were still involved in the hand you just chose not to play it :P

good luck with your objective

• ExternalUseOnly
      Hey there.

Its good to see a beginner with a volume goal rather than a monetary one

if you want to keep track of hands get yourself some tracking software. holdem manager and poker tracker are the 2 main competitorrs in that market both offering free trials however we have our own one at called elephant which is free to our members i would link you to it but im out and about on my phone atm and i dunno how to copy/paste on it :p

if the strategy tab at the top there.should be a sub catagory called poker tools click that and you will find all the info there.

If you get stuck there is an elephant section in the forum under poker software

good luck with your goal hope this.answers.your question,
    • Salivanth
      Any time you are dealt a hand of cards, you're in a hand. Whether you fold those cards or not.

90,000 hands is definitely a lot for one's first month, just a warning. Playing Full Ring it would take about 1400 table hours. The number of hours you intend to play in a month x the amount of tables you play is probably going to be a lot less than that at this stage. Say, if you play 4 tables for 3 hours per day for a month, that's still only 360 table hours, barely more than a quarter of what you'd need. Maybe set your sights a little lower! As a handy guide, Full Ring tables are about 65 hands per hour. If you use this formula:

65 * number of days you'll play in a month * hours per day * tables played

You'll get the amount of hands per month that you expect. So my advice is to work out hours and tables, and then make your goal based on the result of that number.