Stop loss-limit

• furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      I was reading this article on the site,about stop loss limit and it says that if you have a stop loss limit of 3 buy-ins for the session and you start off by winning 2 buy-ins,you should set your new limit to 1BI.

I find this too conservative,i mean c'mon,you win 2 BI's and if you lose one,thats it? YOU STOP?? for the whole session?

If you guys can give any clarification,it would be much appreciated,thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • pyure
      pyure
      Bronze
      It means that if you win 2BI, you should stop when you have lost one from where you started - that makes no sense, so here's an example :)

Example 1: Start with 50BI, lose 3 have 47 left - stop
      Example 2: Start with 50BI, win 2 - set new stop loss - lose 3 have 49 left - stop.

In both examples you stop when you lost 3BIs, but in the second your real loss for the day was only 1BI.

Hope that makes sense :)
    • furculision
      furculision
      Bronze
      Lol,i'm so silly,i've went through the article one more time and figured it out.
      I knew what it meant all along.
      Sorry guys for bothering you with my negligence,thanks for the answers.
    • sapheal
      sapheal
      Global
      Originally posted by furculision
      I was reading this article on the site,about stop loss limit and it says that if you have a stop loss limit of 3 buy-ins for the session and you start off by winning 2 buy-ins,you should set your new limit to 1BI.

I find this too conservative,i mean c'mon,you win 2 BI's and if you lose one,thats it? YOU STOP?? for the whole session?

If you guys can give any clarification,it would be much appreciated,thanks.
      furculision :s_love: ,

You don't need a stop loss limit in poker unless you can't stand variance and bad runs. From practical perspective, some players use a stop loss because they play worse due to emotional issues. If you feel that bad beats affect your game or you're tired, you can just close the tables and relax, and come back in 1hr.

Basically, focus on the quality of play only. Don't focus on the short-term results. This is the solution.

Cheers,
      Michal