[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush 43

• abc794
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with 4, 3.
      MP2 raises to $0.15, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.15, BU folds, SB calls $0.13, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.5) 5, 2, 4 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.05, MP2 raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds.

Turn: ($1.35) T (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.94, Hero calls $0.94.

River: ($3.23) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.56(All-In), Hero calls $1.56.

Final Pot: $6.35.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, fours and threes(4 3).
      MP2 shows a pair of jacks(J J).

Hero wins with two pairs, fours and threes(4 3).

villain is 24/18 over 250 hands

i really dont see him playing an ace like that, but he could still have a set
      i think his range is 2s3s+, 22+, A5,A3 against which i have 38% on the flop

edit: more probable range 22+,KsQs, AsTs+ which gives me 41% equity on flop
  • 4 replies
    • Chmielu89
      Hero calls $0.15

what is it?
      you are calling all of SCs??
      flop are you sure that You are ahead?
      He hasn't 66+? A :spade: K :spade: ?
      you have odds on call on turn?
      riv it is guesssing game
      but in my opinion, fold it pre flop :f_thumbsup:
    • abc794
      Preflop: no i dont call them too often, but deffo raise IP, i don't know why i called there, i sometimes give myself a pretty good edge postflop on NL5 :P , even though i don't have initiative here

flop:well the thing is,that if i put him on 66+,KsQs,AsTs+, i still have 41% equity on flop+ i definitely know when i'm behind, which is very valuable
      i don't know why i should be afraid of AsKs, since i ahead against that (52%) :D

turn: i dont think its a huge mistake, i should have the odds to call, i only need 29% and against 22+, AsKs i have 29%, if i put any bluffs in his range, it is +ev

river: as said i'm not sure he plays an ace like that, to me it looks like a busted FD/SD/overpair at least 25% of the time, which is the equity i need here to call at least

you may have a point folding it preflop, but i am pretty confident with my postflop play and i still want to develop it :D
    • Chmielu89
      when i see how you played it post flop, i think that you havent edge on your oponents post flop, but you play "fishy"
      dont play those such a hands which arent easy to play
      you hit nice river, but you calls was bad
    • veriz
      Hello abc794,

Preflop: Easy fold here. You wont hit often enough with such hands and even if you do hit your flush you will never know where you stand with it.

As played
      Postflop: Even if you called the flop which already starts to be marginal I would definitely lay it down on turn. You can't Call profitable there in long run, will loose a lot money. And the result doesn't really matter for me that you won the hand. That's exactly the reason why you should be folding preflop such holdings if you can't even let them go postflop.

Best regards.