Iphone app for PS forum

• L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Hello,

I've been browsing from my phone for the last few days and i find it very hard to use safari or any other browser on my iphone to check the forum.

My suggestion is to have an iphone app for the forum or, if too cost heavy, check how you can get into Tapatalk list ( 3rd party app for browsing forums on iphone ). 2nd option shouldn't be too hard, other poker forums are already in the system.
      Since this part of the forum isn't read too much, make a poll on first page containing two questions: type of phone used/ would you use an iphone app for browsing ps forum.
      Spellchecking is a hassle on safari, so count any typo as intentional.
      Cheers,
      L3ST
  • 18 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi L3ST,

Great suggestions, I'll definitely forward your feedback and see what we can come up with ;)

Ingrid
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi l3st,

i browse the forum on my iphone too. (quite a lot actually :D )
      ive found safari to be ok so far. dont have complaints. except with changing the color of my text it can get quite fiddly. (so std black will have to do)

wonder how does everyone else feels?
      hope iphone/android users can share their experience :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      purplefizz: try using tapatalk to browse any forum and you'll see the difference. Not having to resize windows is a huge time-saver.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      thanks for the suggestion :) i went to try it but there is no free trial, needs to purchased :(
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Im all for this, i use my iphone to browse 90% of the time, i say make an app for all of ps including strategys etc, tapatalk is good but a fully functional app would be better, or both? :) i for sure would download and would pay a few £ for it to
    • L3ST
      L3ST
      Bronze
      Strategy/Videos on an app is a bit harder to do. Baby steps :f_biggrin:
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Hard wont be a problem with most app developers.
    • fulja
      fulja
      Bronze
      Any news on this? :) It would really be awesome to have an app like twoplustwo has. Makes browsing the forum much nicer.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      to be honest, i would really love some apps for the iphone. maybe not only to browse our forums but programs like ICM trainer or equilator.

any app developers out here? :f_love:

will make sure admin sees this thread anyway. :) may not be a priority now, but someday, we can always hope, right?
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I use Android and the main issue I have found is after reading a post and going back to the board by clicking next to the dropdown with the list of boards. Half of the time I end end rating the thread on like a 3 or a 4.

It is so easy to misclick between the two I htink

Regards

Thazar
    • Zhusy
      Zhusy
      Bronze
      The forum itself could have an m.forum side like most open source forums. It is a very difficult add-on that could be made by the WEB devs. It is not about an app, the xhtml/AJAX strucutre could be done so that when you check the pages over a phone you get forwarded to the lighter mobile forum.

It's kinda easy for an experienced web coder and I am pretty sure PS has such people.
    • cashroll874
      cashroll874
      Bronze
      Well, apparently nobody gives a damn or did i miss something?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Thank you so much for suggestion!

You can browse the forum with any phone but we don't have yet the optimized application for mobile version and I'm not sure this will be implemented but its possible that the new website platform will come with this super awesome bonus app! :)

Ingrid
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      hey PS staff

a mobile version of the forum, be it with tapatalk or your own, but please implement something like this.

It's hard and grueling to read/post in the forum from the iphone.
      I don't know what technology this forum is build upon, but, if it's either of these, please just activate it:
      http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      Any updates ?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey bmfbpi,

I've just checked and there is no updates regarding this unfortunately.

Regards,
      Gary.
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Honestly, I think an app wouldn't even be a necessity. With modern technologies it's easy to make the layout of a web site different for different screen sizes, for example using CSS media queries. So something like that would be another option, and a much simpler one than creating a full fledged app.

I do agree that the forum is a bit of a pain to read on a phone, even in landscape mode (the broader view). So if something like this could be implemented I still think that would be a great thing! :)
    • inoimbluffingdou
      inoimbluffingdou
      Basic
      Can I add my vote here too please! I Use safari because I have no other choice but checking ou th forums and looking for great tips is something I land up doing when I find myself with a few minutes and i grab the phone ;)